VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have studio 8, I have stored about 7 hrs of video on my 80g hard drive and edited them down to a bit over two hrs so i could put it on one DVD.But when i go to encode it to MPE2 it seems to take forever to do this and never finishes..I am very frustrated as i do these videos a lot and want them on VCD or,,DVD, I have a Pent 4/80 gig/512/1.8/,,I need any help anyone can offer..I can give a number to call..or an email..rluv4evr75@aol...Pls help,,thank you!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. your hd isnīt full?
    it take +6hours i think
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but if you read the forums on Pinnacle's website about Studio 8 and "Make Movie" features, you'll see that there appears to be a major issue with their software and windows xp o/s.

I too have Studio 8.5.21 and WinXP and have not been able to get my project (only had to learn this once) to fully render.

This is known to the Pinnacle people and they appear to be dragging their feet on fixing it, at least from what I've read over there...

Some people have had some luck but most of them had to strip out the transitions, titles, etc.... and shut down just about every process that windows was running..... they posted some ideas over there and I tried some of them and was able to get an AVI file of my project out of it... Then I switched to Vegas Video to see what it can do and so far, I'm pleased... at least in comparison to Studio 8...

Pinnacle has really disappointed me.... to the point where I have contacted them about sending their buggy software back to them for a refund....

Their site is www.pinnaclesys.com

Click on "Support", select your product (Studio 8), then follow to the user forums.. in there you'll see the "Make a Movie" section... tons of complaints from users on this feature....

good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rluv4evr75
    I have studio 8, I have stored about 7 hrs of video on my 80g hard drive and edited them down to a bit over two hrs so i could put it on one DVD.But when i go to encode it to MPE2 it seems to take forever to do this and never finishes..
    When you say it never finishes how long are you waiting?
    What settings are you using to convert and what is the format of your seven hours of original footage?
    I use Studio 8.5 but only use it to output an edited avi.
    Even this takes a while, I bet (and I haven't checked it) outputing a two hour editing avi with transitions takes twice as long.
    I use TMPGEnc to encode to mpeg2 for output to dvd and a typical two hour movie takes around seven hours.

Originally Posted by rluv4evr75
    I need any help anyone can offer..I can give a number to call..or an email..rluv4evr75@aol...Pls help,,thank you!!!
    If people respond directly no-one here with the same problem will benefit, that's how the forum works
    Will
    tgpo, my real dad, told me to make a maximum of 5,806 posts on vcdhelp.com in one lifetime. So I have.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I also use Studio 8 and have never had trouble with the rendering part. I've had problems with capture, I have to use Scenalyzer live. I've also had problems with "Make Disc" with DVDs (but not with CD). However, the render has never given me trouble.

My last render was a 139 minute DVD from all DV AVI files. The render, on my Athlon XP 2000+ machine with 3/4Gig RAM, took over 10 hours.

Good MPEG rendering engines take a long time to work. There's nothing wrong with that. I have a brother who has done pro DVD authoring and his renderings take for-ever-. The outout from Studio8 is extremely good looking.
    Philbiker
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm fairly new to DVD work, but I've been using Studio 8 with Windows XP for about 3 months and so far it works well enough that I prefer it over anything else I've tried (Movie Studio, My DVD, etc).

I started with Pentium III 850 processor and it was taking about 22 hours to convert 2 hours of video to MPG2. Now have a faster processor and it takes about 6-7 hours to render 2 hours of video.

I've found then when you have a lot of video and/or transitions that it will give you problems rendering. Rendering the edited 2 hours to a new avi file and using that file to render to MPG 2 seems to eliminate 90% of the problems.

If you put them on VCD instead of DVD then the render process goes much faster- about 35 minutes to render 1 hour of video.
    Quote Quote