VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would appreciate any suggestions for easy to use video editing software. I have a DAC 100 capture device. Will be capturing Hi8 video tape and recording VSCDs. My machine is a P4 2.53 with 512 2700 DDR RAM and 2 Western Digital 8mb 80 gig hard drives with the 2nd used only for video files. OS is Windows 2000.

Now I need very easy to use software for capturing and burning that preferably has a hardcopy manual. I will be doing a little editing and simple transitions. Nothing elaborate or particularly creative to start. I like Wizards, i.e., the more walk throughs and point and click the better. I want to capture an entire tape at one time and then be able to choose what I want to burn. I can get roughly 30 minutes on a CD, so I want a program that will easily let me break files down into parts to burn as well as easy capturing and editing. Finally, I'd like to keep the price under $100. Obviously I want software that is not buggy or that captures files in a format that other software won’t be able to read.

I’m sure there will be better overall software and less expensive (reading this site it looks like there is a lot of free software) than I’ll end up buying but to start, I’m willing to make the tradeoff for ease of use.

Thanks in Advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hello there,

I use different programs to capture and edit and burn. But if u want a full product u can check out :

Mainconcept's EVE

www.mainconcept.com

"EVE is a user-friendly video editing program with professional quality and productivity, all for just $49! We're featuring it as our first Product of the Month of the new year by offering free, downloadable tutorials on the EVE product page. They'll show you how easy it is to become a video producer with this simple yet powerful software!

Operating systems: Windows 98SE, 2000, Me, XP
    Current version: 1.1
    Price: $49 (download version)"

Maybe it does the things U need, good luck and post your opinion about it!!!!

Greetz Marco

Quote Quote  
  3. I use Pinnacle Studio 8 and Ulead VideoStudio 6, both of which are easy to use. They include their own burning software. If I had to choose between the 2, Studio 8 comes out top for ease of use but saying this I am having DVD burning problems, SVCD is fine. The Ulead package works with zero faults on my PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Movie factory for a complete no frills package. DVio for captures then EditStudio and its mpegXS for more in-depth work [url]http://www.puremotion.com[url]. I haven't really used anything else in a long time, don't find that I need anything else for what I am doing.
    Hope is the trap the world sets for you every night when you go to sleep and the only reason you have to get up in the morning is the hope that this day, things will get better... But they never do, do they?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tired the trial version of Mainconcept's Eve after it was suggested in the response to this original post. I could not get it to work, i.e., it wouldn't capture, didn't recognize that my camara was attached and turned on, and I couldn't import an avi file I had already captured to try it's editing features. Maybe it was the fact that it was a trial version or maybe I was doing something wrong. Ended up fooling around with Easy CD DVD Creator 6 and finally figured out how to cut sections of a captured file to the size that I needed to burn to a VSCD. For what it's worth, Easy CD DVD Creator 6 has been the easiest of these programs that I've tried. Given it cost me $55, $75 at Newegg with a $20 Rebate from Roxio, the price was reasonable. I'm sure I will eventually get better software once I learn the basics of video editing but the Easy CD DVD Creator 6 seems, at least for me, the best to learn on. Thanks for the responses to this post, they were really helpful.
    Quote Quote