VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone
    is there any way to remove HDCP from ez recorder 130 ? i bought it yesterday and when i wanna record from my reciver this message shows me:
    the HDMI video content is HDCP protected
    is there any way like this one?:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372840-%5BAVerMedia-News%5D-Avermedia-RECentral-HDC...emove%21%21%21
    thanks so much
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like you want and HDCP splitter/stripper, I don't know which one to tell you to purchase. You'll have to search for one.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The EZRecorder 130 circuit board was revised so the hacked firmware which exists for it no longer works.

You need an HDMI splitter which removes HDCP as a side effect. Most HDMI splitters do not do that because it is a violation of the HDMI license.

I used the ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D | Model: VHD-1X2MN3D. There are a few other models from ViewHD, but the only one I know of that works for what you want to do is model number VHD-1X2MN3D.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    The EZRecorder 130 circuit board was revised so the hacked firmware which exists for it no longer works.

You need an HDMI splitter which removes HDCP as a side effect. Most HDMI splitters do not do that because it is a violation of the HDMI license.

I used the ViewHD 2 Port 1x2 Powered HDMI Mini Splitter for 1080P & 3D | Model: VHD-1X2MN3D. There are a few other models from ViewHD, but the only one I know of that works for what you want to do is model number VHD-1X2MN3D.
    so with this spliter i can record from my sattelite and remove hdcp right?:
    https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Powered-Splitter-1080P-Model/dp/B004F9LVXC
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Backstreetboys View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

It worked for me with a different capture device (from Hauppauge) for recording from my cable box.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

It worked for me with a different capture device (from Hauppauge) for recording from my cable box.
    Ok thanks
    The spliter must be compalient hdcp or not compalint?for example what about this item:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mifine-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Included/dp/B01FM719B4/ref=zg...s_3224457011_1
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks
    The spliter must be compalient hdcp or not compalint?for example what about this item:
    https://www.amazon.com/Mifine-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Included/dp/B01FM719B4/ref=zg...s_3224457011_1
    I gave you one inexpensive recommendation. cauptain gave you another that costs more. If both are too expensive, as far as I am concerned you can do your own legwork.

The seller's description isn't a reliable way to find a splitter that removes HDCP. Customer reviews are a better source of information, but Amazon lumps reviews for multiple models from the same maker together so you must filter them by model and date to see the most recent reviews for the actual product you are viewing. Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 25th Jun 2016 at 12:54. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ok many many thanks
    I boghut one of them
    Quote Quote  
  9. solved
    Last edited by anytimefree; 9th Sep 2016 at 20:31. Reason: sloved
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    how is this compare to hauppauge?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

Do you still have the hacked firmware? If so I'd love to get my hands on it. Please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dahneye View Post

Do you still have the hacked firmware? If so I'd love to get my hands on it. Please let me know.
    I don't have the firmware. ... but the hack also required connecting two empty pins on the circuit board with a jumper. After the hardware was revised, the pins were gone and this was no longer possible. There is a link to the firmware here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd-_S9p_IM
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Jun 2017 at 22:06.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote