VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyvody, is there a software that can rotate a video like VLC make it with his geometry effect?

http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/blog/en/2012/01/final1.png

also, did you know a way to stretch a video?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Almost any video editor can rotate or resize
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    okay, because I want to rotate a personnal video
    Click image for larger version

Name:	personnal video 1.png
Views:	165
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	32429

and after rotate it, I want to stretch it a little below on the right. So that she seems to be slightly more right.

Name:	personnal video 2.png
Views:	130
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	32430

can Avidemux do both that? or another software
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think avidemux can only rotate in 90 degree in/decrements , at least some versions can only do that . I meant most "real" video editors can rotate and scale. You can try aviutl for a free video editor

The scaling is more difficult if you mean differential scaling (scaling parts of the video differently). It almost appears like you want to "warp" the picture?

Normally, if you scale it larger to cover the "black borders", you will lose active image area (ie you will cut off parts of the picture on the periphery)

Can you describe more clearly what you want to do , or what you mean by "stretch" ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like you want to rotate in both Z and Y axis, Aviutl can definitely do that. Pretty much any compositor should do that.

** Correction, you need to rotate in X, Y and Z axis. You can also zoom in to crop out the black.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3d_skew.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	32431  

Last edited by racer-x; 5th Jul 2015 at 11:52. Reason: change of mind.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray, I don't know how to make you understand, I want to do what you can see on that picture here :

Name:	personnal video 3.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	32434

here I've use the effect distortion on an picture with photofiltre but I want to do that for my video.
    For the black part, I can remove it when I crop the video, It's a minor detail.

@racer-x : ok thanks! I will try that then
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is this video or a still image ?
    for a still image, i would use an image manipulation program like Gimp or photoshop or Picassa
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub + rotate plugin.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  9. If "personnal video 1.png" is the before , and "personnal video 3.jpg" is the desired output - that's not really a rotation transformation . That is a warp effect because it looks like you want to fix the perspective distortion

The "personal video 3.jpg" still is more narrow on the bottom than the top (it's not square or rectangular, the corner angles are not 90 degrees) is that what you want ?

Eitherway, vdub has a perspective filter and rotate and/or crop if you need it . With the perspective filter, you just drag the corner points to distort the image
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah it looks like the perspective filter in Virtualdub will do it and it's probably easier to use for you.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VD_skew.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	32436  

Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok, so I take all that into consideration.

@racer-x, it's exactly what I want to do
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    theewizard, I try to explain what I want to do with a screenshot and citing an effect of Photofiltre, but I want to do this on a video because it is a bit crooked.
    Quote Quote