VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have an mp4 I converted to avi so I can extract the audio, amplify it and rejoin with yamb and now I just need to sync the audio. I have used a tool before that has a gradable bar but I forget the name. Does anyone know which software I'm talking about?
    ¤ EM64T P4 Prescott (Socket T) CPU 3.4ghz, 3gig nonecc, OCZ Platinum Memory, Vid Card E Gforce 8800 GTS, 1 100GB serial ata; sata installed with Windows 7 home premium.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    n.l.e.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i dont know what that is and im on windows 7 by the way
    ¤ EM64T P4 Prescott (Socket T) CPU 3.4ghz, 3gig nonecc, OCZ Platinum Memory, Vid Card E Gforce 8800 GTS, 1 100GB serial ata; sata installed with Windows 7 home premium.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I cant afford that, im just looking for a software with a slider to align audio to video. I will keep looking; when I find it I will post it here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    any software suggestions with preview and audio sync?
    mymp4box gui looks good but i cant preview before processing it. i will use yaai to get the info first as i have an avi version also.
    Last edited by vectoravtech; 24th May 2015 at 07:53.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found this (Fix Audio/Video out of sync after encoding (MP4 source) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40VwcPIB-tM it didnt work so I found fix from another post (Download a free trial of a basic NLE like Vegas movie studio. Add in your clips and line them up on the timeline. Nudge them back and forth for frame accuracy.. If you can do it in less than 30 days it won't cost you anything.

MP4 and AAC are very, very common these days.) source: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/356249-Need-a-simple-tool-to-sync-up-badly-out-of-s...udio-and-video
    Heres the software that was recommended: https://www.videohelp.com/software/Vegas-Movie-Studio
    Last edited by vectoravtech; 29th May 2015 at 13:49.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you obtain the files that way, or perform a conversion which caused the problem? The most common cause of audio/video sync is the tool used to perform the conversion. In which case, try a different conversion tool.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  8. Most media players let you skew the audio backward of forward via keystrokes. It's pretty easy to determine what correction you need with that. Then you just remux with the delay/advance value you determined with the player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the movie audio was so low so I took it out with YAMB and used the audacity equalizer to add treble and bass then I used the Vegas Demo to add it back and it lined up perfectly the first time.

Apparently combining in YAMB is a bad idea as it wont lineup or I just don't know how to do it correctly, anyway I got it fixed so I'm a happy camper now.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by vectoravtech View Post
    the movie audio was so low so I took it out with YAMB and used the audacity equalizer to add treble and bass then I used the Vegas Demo to add it back and it lined up perfectly the first time.

Apparently combining in YAMB is a bad idea as it wont lineup or I just don't know how to do it correctly, anyway I got it fixed so I'm a happy camper now.
    You could have checked the audio delay of the original file with MediaInfo, then used that same value when you muxed the video and new audio with YAMB.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Give Nero Video a try,it works for me.The trial version should be adequate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by vectoravtech View Post

You could have checked the audio delay of the original file with MediaInfo, then used that same value when you muxed the video and new audio with YAMB.
    wonderful suggestion, thankyou and thanks Joe, i will try that nexttime also.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...,

I am going to operate from the assumption that your OS is a Windows variant.

There is a really painless (and free!!!) way to do this in realtime, more or less, and without a fancy audio DAW, using VST audio plugins.
    Everything discussed below is open source/freeware with no adware nonsense or anything.

What you will need:
    1. A decent digital delay VST plugin. For ease of use & availability I recommend GDelay, which you can get here:
    http://www.gvst.co.uk/downloads.htm
    (Actually, download the whole plugins pack..., you'll use most of them eventually.)
    2. A standalone "host" for your VST(s). A quick & easy one is called "SAVIHost" which you can get here:
    http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm
    3. A virtual audio device. A lot of people use VirtualAudioCable (VAC), but it gave me nothing but problems.
    I highly recommend using one of Vincent Burel's nifty little deviceslike "VB-Audio Virtual Cable" or "VoiceMeeter" (**VM is really handy**)
    from here:
    http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/
    4. Audacity (which you probably already have). Audacity has full support built-in for VST plugins. Just in case, here:
    http://web.audacityteam.org/

The only thing(s) listed above that actually use an 'installer' are the Virtual Audio toys from Vincent Burel. Everything else
    is just a ".zip" file from which you just put the contents into the correct folder(s).

- Install Audacity (if you haven't already).
    - Unzip the VST(s) from GVST into a folder somewhere and copy (*not move") the DLL's into the "VST" folder, which is under your Audacity instance.
    - Unzip SAVIHost into the same folder where you *originally* put the VST(s).
    - Run the installer(s) from VB-Audio ("Run As Administrator") to install whichever virtual audio devices you downloaded. (They happily co-exist.)
    (Note: each Virtual Audio device installation requires a restart of Windows.)

Now that all of 5 minutes will have elapsed, you're almost ready to go.

1. Set your media player (MPC-HC or whatever) to use the VB-Audio device for audio output.
    2. Set up SAVIHost. -- The way that SAVIHost works is that you simply rename a *copy* of the single "savihost.exe" to be the exact
    same name as the VST "*.dll" that you want to use (e.g. To use/host the delay VST called "GDelay.dll" you rename the .exe to GDelay.exe").
    Then double-click your new "GDelay.exe" (you will now see a GUI for the VST) & go into "Devices-Wave" to setup the Virtual Audio device
    as the Input & your default Windows audio as Output.
    Exit/Quit & re-open the SAVIHost/GDelay instance. Your playback audio is now passing through the VST/SAVIHost instance.
    3. On the GUI for the delay, set the the mix to 100% "Wet".

Another 2 minutes will have passed.

- Start the video playback in your media player.
    - Adjust the delay-time (it's in milliseconds) on the VST's GUI until you like what you hear (it's in realtime).
    - Make a mental note (or, in my case, write down!!) the delay-time setting that you found/liked.

(I don't know how long that took you.)

- Open up Audacity & load your audio (Audacity opens most videos directly & extracts the audio if you want to do it that way).
    - Under "Effects" all of your new VST's will now show up, so, select the delay. Enter the delay time setting that you wanted.
    (Don't forget to set the mix to 100% "Wet" again.)
    Note: Unfortunately, Audacity does not display the pretty GUI for the VST that it's developer agonized over, but all of the same
    settings fields will be there in a minimalist GUI interface.
    - Now export the audio from Audacity.

You're Done!!

One more minute has now passed.

By the way, there are a couple of free VST--->DirectX (aka "DX") Wrappers available, which basically 'fool' your computer into thinking
    that your VST plugins are also DirectX/DirectShow filters/plugins. This enables them to be used directly in things like GraphStudio filter graphs
    and some media players like MPC-HC, etc..
    But that is for another discussion.

Hope this is useful to somebody.

Ciao,

Rina
    <3
    Last edited by dedlykme; 5th Jun 2015 at 20:52.
    "When the going gets weird..., the weird turn pro."
    ~Hunter S. Thompson
    Quote Quote  
  14. vectorav is looking for and talking about Videoredo. it has the slidable bar called "Audio sync" that you can slide left and right until you see from the rolling footage that the video is in sync....and it shows how many ms that slide bar position setting is....extremely handy...
    Quote Quote