VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

I have an assignment for school. I need to create a video for school with Sony Vegas. The problem is that when I import the video in Sony Vegas. It only imports 5 minutes of the video (duration of the video is 55 min). This only happened when I imported that certain video (format: TS). Since mp4 and etc import without any problems, I wanted to convert the ts file to one of the above formats. I have AVS video converter AND Wondershare video converter. When I convert the ts file to avi or mp4, the audio gets out of sync. When I use Wondershare to convert, it doesnt convert completely. (gets stuck at around 19% and then gives me a failed message). I reallt dont know what to do. Please help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use Mediainfo to find out what video and audio codecs your .ts file contains. Post the results of the tree view back here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TS? Please give all the video information. Use mediainfo, open video and view->text.

You might be able to remux(no video reconversion) the ts to something that vegas might read better. Or the ts might be corrupt because nothing converts it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I have tried different files that are in TS format and they all have the same problem. So the files are not corrupt. I redownloaded them and it"s still the same. Ill use mediainfo and post the results shortly
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Here is the mediainfo file
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's standard mpeg2. Try remux it to a mpg file with the old HDTVtoMPEG2 or avidemux(Open ts, under container choose mpeg-ps, save as mpg). Open/import the mpg in vegas.

If they fail to remux it to mpg you can try use something to repair it...maybe projectx, add the ts, make a new ts/mpg file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    HDTVtoMPEG2 tells me that it could not find a channel. Avidemux is now encoding but it takes an eternity...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Problem solved! Used a new converter {third one lol) and it did the trick. Xillisoft Video Converter ftw
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good.

But you shouldn't really need to convert and lose quality. Did you choose copy mode in avidemux?

And if you must convert to mp4 then use a FREE converters like VidCoder, HandBrake, Xmedia Recode instead of xilisoft spammer crapware. .
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the tip man, much better.
    Quote Quote