VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, recently got Xilisofts Bluray Ripper after a couple of years success with their dvd ripper. I am trying to convert "300, Rise of an Empire 3d" into HD- H.264 for my hard drive. It burns beautifully, but without the 3d element. My projector auto plays 3d content and if i were to stick the disc direct into the attached bluray player (also 3d), it plays as it should.

Am I missing out an element in Xilisoft so that it copys as a full hd 3d version? Looking at the file list, the other items seem to be just extras and titles, etc. I'd be grateful for any help. Thank you.

regards

webbeing
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Your post is really difficult to understand, but assuming I even understand it correctly, have you considered the possibility that your projector simply may not play anything in 3D from a disk drive? Maybe it's only possible with your setup to play 3D on discs, but you're not really providing a lot of details to go on. Looks like you're fishing for someone else to validate your assumptions about Xilisoft rather than actually trying to get a problem solved.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AFAIK, the only method of making a playable copy of a 3D Blu-Ray is to rip full disc to ISO image. Then burn to a dual-layer blank (BD50).

Now, not being familiar with Xilisoft offerings, I can't say if it would do the job properly. However, that method will work when using a driver-level decrypter that runs in the background, like AnyDVDHD. And I'm not certain, but I don't think you can rip to files, and then make the ISO, and have the disc be playable. Confusing, isn't it?

Good luck. And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    many thanks for your replies and I apologise for it being confusing: I'm new to bluray authoring and new to forums. I think Fritzi93 may have hit the nail on the head. The question should be: can bluray 3d movies be played in 3d from a file on a hard drive? Jman98, you are spot on, in that I do need to check my projector (again, new!) to see what it's capabilities are.

I'm disappointed that I jumped in and bought Xilisoft Bluray ripper without first seeing the reviews (I've seen them now!) but as I said, I've used their DVD ripper for backing up many discs for a couple of years without a single failure. I based my validation on personal experience.

I've downloaded Acrok Video converter (trial only). I've set it to rip in bluray mode (though I suspect that this will only work on a tv, rather than projector) It's taken 9 hours to rip! Xilisoft took under an hour (albeit in 2d mode clearly)

I shall continue to experiment adn post any results. Thank you for your comments thus far.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving you to our blu-ray ripping section.

Use anydvdhd and rip directly to an iso and burn it. I think you can shrink it with bd rebuilder also and then burn it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by webbeing View Post
    I've downloaded Acrok Video converter (trial only). I've set it to rip in bluray mode (though I suspect that this will only work on a tv, rather than projector) It's taken 9 hours to rip! Xilisoft took under an hour (albeit in 2d mode clearly).
    Never heard of that one, and I'm dubious. I wouldn't use any tools that aren't posted in the tools section here. Most of the tool reviews are informative, you just have to sort out the ones where incompetence is clearly involved.

And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote