VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi All,

I'm trying to record a live TV stream that I use my iPhone to access. I've used packet sniffing software to find the m3u8 URL but I am unable to play it using VLC or FFplay. The URL is http://t3.llcdn.quickplay.com/live/hls/3505/s/livech2615/004.m3u8 if anyone can shed some light on this stream it would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by christheradioguy View Post
    Hi All,

I'm trying to record a live TV stream that I use my iPhone to access. I've used packet sniffing software to find the m3u8 URL but I am unable to play it using VLC or FFplay. The URL is http://t3.llcdn.quickplay.com/live/hls/3505/s/livech2615/004.m3u8 if anyone can shed some light on this stream it would be appreciated.
    hi
    can you post original link page?
    thanks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's actually an iPhone app so I don't have a URL I can give you. I can provide a WireShark packet capture if it helps?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi you two,

@biezom, If he had the m3u8 link, he can download it with rtmpdump, no? problem is that he need a computer, I don't think it's possible to do this method with an iphone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by christheradioguy View Post
    It's actually an iPhone app so I don't have a URL I can give you. I can provide a WireShark packet capture if it helps?
    ok can you tell me what the app, and what video
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by WazaKrash View Post
    Hi you two,

@biezom, If he had the m3u8 link, he can download it with rtmpdump, no? problem is that he need a computer, I don't think it's possible to do this method with an iphone.
    hi
    m3u8 link ffmpeg or livestreamer
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's an iPhone App but I'm trying to access the stream on my PC. I can get livestreamer to understand the url but the resulting video stream will not play in either VLC or FFPLAY.

ok can you tell me what the app, and what video
    The app is called BellTV; I believe it's restricted to the Canadian AppStore. Here's the link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bell-mobile-tv/id353830087?mt=8. I can PM you some temporary credentials to login if you manage to get the app installed.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'd be willing to give it a try. PM me and I'll see what I can do.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!