VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two same videos with different languages. File #1 is a hd video file in korean audio that is 58 minutes long. File #2 is a low quality video file in japanese dubbed audio that is 55 min long. I am planning to extract the japanese audio in file #2 and merge/replace the korean audio in file 1. Because file 1 is different length than file 2 due to additional scenes or opening credit, I find it hard to get everything line up and merge the audio if I don't trim file 1 down to have the length be exactly 55 min as file 2. I am going through a lot of trial and error and trying to painstakingly to get everything as precise as possible but I am still off by a bit. Is there any audio software that can automatically pick up where the talking begins and have it merged?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Freelife2345 View Post
    Is there any audio software that can automatically pick up where the talking begins and have it merged?
    Nope.

I would try edit with audacity or goldwave and try compare each audio track side by side.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Originally Posted by Freelife2345 View Post
    Is there any audio software that can automatically pick up where the talking begins and have it merged?
    Nope.

I would try edit with audacity or goldwave and try compare each audio track side by side.
    I want to explore this option too but since the language are different, do you think the audio will have different wavelength and will be hard to compare
    Quote Quote  
  4. If your different language tracks also contain music and effects you can compare that way.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Thank you for reposting my thread. I actually started the thread here first thinking I can play with the audio to get it to work. The other thread is more of playing with the video not the audio.
    Last edited by Freelife2345; 7th Mar 2015 at 22:00.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    If your different language tracks also contain music and effects you can compare that way.
    background music and everything is the same. Just one file is in original language with a few extra scenes, the other is a cut version that is dubbed
    Quote Quote  
  7. Go ahead and try it for a learning experience, but I'll try to save you time and mention that this way is going to be more difficult, even if you had perfect distinct waveforms on separate 6 channels (speech on different channels) - and face it - the waveform is not going to be great with dubbed over compressed stereo audio. It's easier to see if a frame is different visually than an audio waveform visually. Also, it's easier to delete frames than to compose audio, or even add blank audio . IN your case, fiddling with the audio also requires to to fiddle with sync. If what you say in the other thread is true, and they are exactly the same video frames, just the 1st one has more scenes - then doing it with video as the guide means you just line up the frames visually, cut out the frames that are excess, and it will be in sync automatically , no fiddling around, nudging audio that sort of thing which is 10x harder to do
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!