VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Twice recently MalawarePro has told me my protection is off and I manually turned it on. Is there a virus around that turns it off?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Attraction. Reaction. djb247365's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Given the purpose of the software, it definitely shouldn't be turning itself off, so I would imagine it's one of possibly two things, from what I can think of. 1) It's possible that the program version you have, could have bad glitches/bugs that need to be reported and fixed immediately. 2) It's also possible your system could very well have some kind of malware or virus that is seriously affecting the performance of the program. I would use your antivirus software to run a full scan and find out if something bad might've found its way unto your system. 3) Since I assume you're running a recent version of Windows, it's also very well possible that Windows itself could be causing some conflicting problems with the program itself. Those of us who run a Windows OS very well know that sometimes it can cause some very awkward things to happen, especially after updates and such. If this might be the case, fortunately most Windows updates can be uninstalled.

So be very careful and try to see if you can figure out for sure what could be causing the problem. If all else fails, contact the company and make them aware of your issue and they maybe they can help you to better sort out what's going on. I wish you all the best.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If in doubt run ComboFix (rename the file to random characters before running it) and wait for the log to appear (can take hours if it's infected).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on a number of factors.

It has to wait in turn for system to load background services upon start up so the wait period for access to system registry may expire which can cause modules within applications to not be activated ... avg is another to do this.

No need to panic or use combofix ... these "repair" applications should only be used by those with experience ... if in doubt and before really making a mess I recommend using macrium reflect (free) to make a system image just in case those "repair tools" screw it up and prevent system from starting.

At least you'll be able to recover the system to pre-screwed up state without data loss ... and try again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wish I had a virus to test out ComboFix.......anyone know where I can find one?

Maybe I'll just run it for kicks......I already have multiple restore images just in case.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you want to screwup a machine just go surf pr0n and warez sites, that should do it in a jiffy. And make sure to click the flashing banner.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!