VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,
    Im a student who uses Adobe After Effects at uni and have just started using it at home. I noticed when at home After Effects wouldn’t open certain video file types. I went to the relevant help forums and they told me the files would not open because the default codes After Effects uses conflicts with the K-Lite Mega Codecs pack I have installed on my home pc to convert mp4/xvid/avi files to dvd format. I uninstalled K-Lite, Adobe then cleaned computer and re-installed Adobe Suite. Files import fine into adobe products now.

My problem is I love watching dvds at home but hate watching them on computer. I used ConvertXtoDVD to convert video to dvd. Im gutted I cannot convert anymore. Obv I don’t want to have to go through the whole process of uninstalling Adobe and re-installing K-Lite everytime I want to convert video. You will clearly see this carry on is not my bad and I am not at all savvy with this kind of thing.My question to you genius’s, Is there a way to convert video to dvd format to be burned to disc that doesn’t involve installing codecs that will interact with the Adobe suite???

Thank you very much for reading my post. I appreciate it your time.
    Teddy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just try avstodvd

And do not EVER think of installing ANY codec pack EVER again
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Convertxtodvd doesn't require any codec pack. Or does it? It was a long time ago I used it and then I hadn't any codec packs installed.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much guys. Appreciate it. Saves me hours and hours of trial and error or just giving up all together. I know my strengths and this type of thing isnt one of em. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  5. I confirm, ConvertXtoDVD doesn't need any codec pack to work. It is a stand alone package that will run on any Windows machine without installing anything else.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!