VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've just found out about Avisynth+ which is a fork of Avisynth which is attempting to modernize Avisynth and get it more stable, etc. It's supposed to be backwards compatible with all Avisynth plugins.

Does anyone know how to use MT for my script? MT usage in Avisynth+ is different than normal.

Here's my script:

Code:
    setmtmode(5,9)
    DGSource("E:\Video.dgi")
    setmtmode(2)

AssumeTFF() 
    DeGrainMedian(limitY=2, limitUV=3, mode=1, interlaced=true)
    Yadif(mode=1, order=1)
    Vinverse()
    Lanczos4Resize(1280,720)
    Last edited by VideoFanatic; 23rd Jul 2014 at 09:19.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Version().
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wanted to emphasize this:
    However, this is rather academic since the plugins and filters determine the performance by a large margin.
    It's a shame how much bitching goes on at Doom9 sometimes. That in turn creates forks, which in turn kills everything. So we're left with the original Avisynth as still the best one, warts and all. Users care about it working not how fast it goes.

Is they primary desire for this speed alone?

I tried the MT version a few years ago, and it didn't help anything. So I reverted to the original.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    I tried the MT version a few years ago, and it didn't help anything.
    I get 2x to 4x faster processing (quad core CPU) with slow filters like QTGMC() and MCTemporalDenoise(). Of course, if your encoder is the bottleneck (say, x264 at the placebo preset) speeding up AviSynth may not help much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Not sure what filters you tried Lordsmurf but MT speeds up McTemperalDenoise, QTGMC and other denoisers massively. From what I've read, not all plugins get a speed boost in MT.

Does anyone know how to use MT for my script in the OP? MT usage in Avisynth+ is different than normal.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!