VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone, I've been having an odd problem using DVD-lab PRO 2.

I think this is the first time I try to make an authoring for a long movie (more than 3 hours). They are the Lord of the Rings movies. The problem is with the subtitles.

After compiling and generating the "video ts" and "audio ts" folders, I make a DVD image to test it on a program like PowerDVD or just the VLC player, before recording it on a DVD. Then I realized that the movies were doing well, until I reach a certain time (it's like the 3 hours and 18 minutes in all of the three movies). If I use the timeline bar to jump to a point after the 3 hours and 18 minutes (approximately) the subtitles disappear, in all the subtitles streams. After that happens, if I jump to a point before that time, everything is ok, the subtitles are shown alright, but if I jump again to a point after that time it's like there are no subtitles. It happens not only if I use the timeline bar to "jump", but also if I use the ffwd and rwnd buttons of the program. It doesn't happen if I let the movie play naturally without jumping to another spot on the timeline bar, the subtitles in that part of the movie (after the 3 hours and 18 minutes) are ok.

The same happens with VLC media player.

I tried making again the subtitles files, I tried to use another program to create the DVD image, I tried making again the authoring with DVD-lab PRO, but always the same problem and in the exact same moment of the movies.

It's not a BIG problem, but an annoying one, I don't want it doing well only without using the rwnd and ffwd buttons, but I don't know what the problem could be.

I think it is the DVD-lab PRO, some bug with subtitles in long movies (more than 3 hours and 17 or 18 minutes), something is not working well. I didn't try to create a DVD and testing it on a home DVD player, but it happens both in PowerDVD and VLC player, and at the same moment of the movies, so it is probably the DVD-lab PRO.

I could try to use another authoring pogram but, given that I already have the entire menu and transitions made, perhaps someone could help me :/ thank you!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also ask in http://www.mmbforums.com/viewforum.php?f=10 . Official dvd-lab forum.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you! I'll ask there too.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!