VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello! I did read up on similar problems people posted about here before, but nothing really seemed to solve my issue.

I'm using Final Cut 7, and footage in 1080p HD shot with a Canon 60D DSLR. I have shot and edited several projects on this Mac in this program and format and never had an issue.

Now something happened, or something changed settings and no matter what I export my video as, it exports stretched out as if the video wasn't big enough to be exported 1080p when it is. Like I said, it worked just fine up until yesterday and I've tried to export in several sizes, formats and options, I even tried with Compressor, and it all either ends up stretched out, or ends up zoomed in so you lose a lot of the footage. I tried coping the project and pasting it into a new sequence, but problem still persists.

Any thoughts as to what may have happened? I can offer up more details if needed.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How about you post a MediaInfo text readout of one of your source and one of your (bad) destination files?

Other, more details we could use: OS version, FCP template used, export settings used...

We have plenty of thoughts (one of them being a PEBKAC error), but must hold off until we are provided with more.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Probably your aspect ratio interpretation settings are off for either the sequence settings or footage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm attaching two screen shots. Bottom one is of the footage, and top one is the edited project and the footage as it's all wonky now.

I think something readjusted when I added a fade in, and fade in text in the beginning of the project without a slug (at first, you'll see there's one there now, but I'm sure the damage is done). I found the sequence settings changed from the original setup, so I changed them back but that didn't fix my issue, and now the footage is wonky and tiny.

I am on a Mac OS X Version 10.6.8. I don't think I used any FCP templates, I just opened a new sequence, so whatever the default may be since I installed it. I export as H.264, 1920x1080 HD, Audio as AAC with all the 'Best' settings.

Anything I should try? Otherwise having read so many help forums and try this or that tutorials, I'm ready to just re-edit the dang thing. =( I also though about backing my Mac up a couple days to before I made that change, but I didn't have Time Machine on. Alas. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2014-04-27 at 3.42.44 PM.png
Views:	123
Size:	677.2 KB
ID:	24833Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2014-04-27 at 3.41.57 PM.png
Views:	115
Size:	1,010.2 KB
ID:	24834
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!