VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a panasonic NTSC cp72 region free dvd player, a chip was put in it to make it region free. The problem is when I rent movies at blockbuster some of them give me a prompt that the region code of the player is not the same as the movie and therefore will not play. What could cause this. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Although you have probably sold your dvd player by now, perhaps the problem has to do with protected discs and/or RCE discs? Are the blockbuster movies from your region?
    Quote Quote  
  3. nope, I still have it as this is one of the best dvd players made for the money, the problem was solved my reading my manual given to me by the modders. you have to hold down the appropriate region number on the remote i.e the number 1 for region one... and press the power button at the same time to select that region.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Show me a man who's never had trouble with a Panasonic DVD player, and I'll show you a man who hasn't seen a dreaded "H" code. LOL

I've always enjoyed mine until they stopped reading (or spinning) discs; but my all time favorite dvd player is still the Pioneer DVD-343 that I had for several years RIP.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, the dreaded error code is a pain, but luckily, replacement updated spindle motors aren't a fortune and can be installed and calibrated by individuals for less than $100. Better than buying a new player. Also, if you want to have your CP-72 modded for SDI playback, it can be done fairly inexpensively compared to the kit installs you buy on the net. Anyhow, I guess I will see how this player works for me when I get it and hook it up SDI to my iScan HD+
    Quote Quote