VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have a question if it`s possible to set the command for FFMPEG for Windows like this:
    take everything in .avi from folder A and to process it to folder B in mp4

Example of script I would like to do:
    C:\video\virtualdub\vdub.exe /s c:\video\scripts\h264_mp3_2.vcf /b c:\video\IN c:\video\OUT /r
    c:\test\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i c:\video\out\Test-B.avi -vcodec copy -acodec libvo_aacenc -ab 256k c:\video\finis\test-B.mp4

Where I would like to substitute the specific input item Test-B.avi and output item Test-B.mp4 to variable, simply something like *.avi -> *.mp4.

I also need to be able to process more videos with one loading of bat file.

I hope it`s understandable, what I would need and hope somebody could help. Thank you very much in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If I have done the script below correctly (which I probably haven't), every AVI found in
    c:\video\out\ will be processed by ffmpeg and saved as MP4 to c:\video\finis

Code:
    c:  

chdir c:\video\out\  

for %%i in (*.avi) do (

c:\test\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i "%%i" -vcodec copy -acodec libvo_aacenc -ab 256k "c:\video\finis\%%~ni.mp4"

)

pause
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just something I noticed: If you are telling Virtualdub to create a H.264/MP3 AVI file, you might be better off instead telling it to create a H.264/WAV (uncompressed audio) AVI file, since you will lose audio quality by using a lossy format (MP3) as an intermediary.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you, thank you very much! It works
    Quote Quote