VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Few weeks ago, i bought a Canon HF 10 from Ebay, about 150 euro less prize from market value, which was not bad deal. It was still in original packing inculding folie also, it is no way looked fake or damged.

I became extra oridarniy busy because of my children's sickness. And did not tried and used it.

Today when i start using it, open it from pack and charge the battery reading the basic manuel i began making video.

Exact after 30 seconds, this message appered Buffer overflow recording was stop and saw battery light flashing. Nex 10 seconds i saw a stop hand sign on LCD screen and after that i can start making video again. And i did and happend again and again.

I did some google, but did not find Canon HD HF10 similar issue like this. Neither did find anything in the manuel books.

If someone plz let me know what is wrong with the camera? Can I reslove the issue or just to need throw the camera??

Thanks alot.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the manual, page 101, the error is because the memory card being used is inferior in write speed and should be replaced with one rated "Class 2" or higher.

What is happening is that there is far too much data being recorded by the camera and the card you are using is not able to keep up with the data transfer rate.

Try lowering the recording quality as this will reduce the data rate being captured by the camera ... this should prevent the error.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bjs
    According to the manual, page 101, the error is because the memory card being used is inferior in write speed and should be replaced with one rated "Class 2" or higher.

What is happening is that there is far too much data being recorded by the camera and the card you are using is not able to keep up with the data transfer rate.

Try lowering the recording quality as this will reduce the data rate being captured by the camera ... this should prevent the error.
    Hey mate how are you??

Yes I did replaced the Card and initialize the built in hard disck and remove the exteral hd (card memory) it works fine. And made video more than 20 min without break.

And when i tried to initialize card memory, the process was stopped because of failure as it said.

The SD card is of class 6, i will try to higher class, but the higher is in ascending or descending order??
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avchd ... camera yes, fine ... pc not so good at playback.

Well this you need a fairly reasonable system for playback ... a system where the gpu was developed with avchd acceleration in mind.

The system I have listed is only just adequate for playback ... Im sure the e8400 new system would blow the socks clean off of it, something Ive yet to test.

Try the following: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic346331.html ... its avchd to anything.

Just be happy with being able to import to pc and edit it.

As for the memory card thing I would have thought it be more useful for multi picture snapshot taking rather than for video ... you know what the stores are like as you can only take the word on the packaging for what it's worth.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/flash_memory.html

Come down about a 1/4 of the way down and you'll see The New SDHC - SD 2.00 Specifications heading.

Class 2 = 2mb/ps, class 4 = 4mb/ps, class 6 = 6mb/ps
    So yes, class 6 would provide a higher data rate.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, i did follow some instruction but did not went through properly. In his third point he mentioned, hit the bat file. But i don't see bat file in the folder.
    Quote Quote