VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi everyone, well after upgrading a friends older Live Movie Maker to the new 2012 version, his 4 year old win 7 PC with onboard graphics wont handle the new one, and he does not have the installer or a disc for his old version.

apparently it was the 2009 version developed for windows 7 that outputs to HD in WMV format, now i found an offline installer, but it doesnt work, and all the other links to what was meant to be 2009 were actually pointing to microsoft and it was the 2012 version.

can someone please help he locate this version, he really wants it back on his PC.

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What happens with the offline installer?

I think have some old versions on my server. But I can't remember the file name. So do you have the file name for the offline installer you found?
    Quote Quote  
  3. hi m8, the installer is simply titled "MovieMaker" and is only 6.44mb, so thats why it wont work, because my 2012 offline installer is 130mb.

when i install it on win 7 it goes thru the extraction, when that finishes the box just closes and nothing else happens, so it is obviously an incomplete installer package.

i got a copy of Windows Movie Maker 6.2 but it is slightly older than the 2009 and it has the timeline at the bottom, with the preview screen on the right, and although it outputs in the same formats as 2009, he wont use it because of the timeline.

this 2009 version seems to be elusive on the net, so if anyone has a copy he and i will very much appreciate it.

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I had only old versions of windows media player. Can't find any WMM.

But if it was an online installer it will be hard to find.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yes, i never thought of the online version not being available any more, so now i need to focus on the offline version.

i found that the 2009 offline version i got had a file extension of .msi so i changed it to .exe and this time it says that the installer is not the right one for my version of windows (i have win 7 64bit on my laptop)

dunno, this is really annoying

personally i wish people like this guy i am helping would upgrade their PC to something more powerful to do editing on, and move on to newer software that lets you convert to newer file formats than dvd and WMV HD.

i know the 6.2 version will get him his 1080 WMV files at 8.0Mbps that he was getting from his 2009 version, but he is scared off by the timeline.

oddly he is converting videos from his HD camera that shoots 1080i @ 23Mbps into HD WMV and then re-converts to dvd using windows dvd maker, such a waste of good videos.
    Quote Quote  
  6. UPDATE: ok i finally found the 2009 offline version, and it installed ok, so if anyone wants it, message me for the link to download it from my mediafire account.

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    is this what you guys are talking about?

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Windows-Movie-Maker
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by deadrats View Post
    is this what you guys are talking about?

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Windows-Movie-Maker
    yes, i sent those 2 links for both these offline installers to Baldrick a few hours ago, the download is from my own mediafire premium cloud storage account, so they are legit and clean, and they both work.

i didnt want to give him links to the sites where i got these from because if you were fooled into clicking the wrong download button on the pages, you end up downloading all sorts of crap.

i also told him i have the 6.2 online installer as well if he wants the link to add that, and although the 6.2 online version i have is older (its a very nice looking timeline based version) it still downloads and installs from microsoft.

i cant find an offline installer for 6.2 yet, when i do i will send it to Baldrick.

cheers
    Quote Quote