VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hai,

I ripped "Samurai Champloo 2004" from bluray disc to XviD, in total its 26 episodes.
    After everything is done i need to rip the subtitles from Bluray disc and then convert to SRT.

What i did :

1: Rip the PGS with tsMuxerGUI
    2: Open the file in SupRip 1.16 {Latest Version}
    3: OCR the subtitle and when i come to end like 20 lines left, the software crashes...

I tryd to use different subtitle but its all same, everytime i come to the end it crashes..
    And there is no other software that converts PGS to SRT...

Can someone please help how i can fix this, or is there a different way.

Thnx, regards!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please anyone....
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please wait some days before you bump/reply to thread. Not 2 hours.

But you could try BDSup2Sub and convert to sub/idx and then convert it to srt.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Please wait some days before you bump/reply to thread. Not 2 hours.

But you could try BDSup2Sub and convert to sub/idx and then convert it to srt.
    I try'd that too but didnt note it, after creating an sub/idx file i cant convert to srt with subrip. I get green background with very weird letters that i cant ocr them...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In looking at the visual you provided, it appears that the program settings could use some tweaking. Mostly I use 10, 1, 200,5.
    But you would need to try different settings than what you have. The visual shows that it is not recognizing any of
    the letters and that may be why it's crashing.

Also you can try re-downloading the program and starting over. You can also try deleting the learning files.
    They may have become corrupted. I believe that the file is in documents and settings suprip temp folder

The program SupRead can also convert Sups to srt.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by cal_tony View Post
    In looking at the visual you provided, it appears that the program settings could use some tweaking. Mostly I use 10, 1, 200,5.
    But you would need to try different settings than what you have. The visual shows that it is not recognizing any of
    the letters and that may be why it's crashing.

Also you can try re-downloading the program and starting over. You can also try deleting the learning files.
    They may have become corrupted. I believe that the file is in documents and settings suprip temp folder

The program SupRead can also convert Sups to srt.

Tony
    Hai Tony,

Thx for helping me out, but still same errors.
    But i found a way how to work with it, it takes a bit longer but its ok.

1: Rip the PGS with tsMuxerGUI
    2: Open the file in BDSup2Sub and concert it to sub/idx
    3: Then open the sub/idx file in SubResync [VOBSUB]

Thats way it works, but the "i" has some big problems.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The way I've been doing it is change the resolution in BDSup2Sub to 720x480 then export as ifo/sup. Load into DVDSubEdit. Do automatic OCR and export as .srt

Sometimes it comes out very clean. Sometimes not. Usually I search the .srt file for the underscore character '_'
    If there are too many lines with '_' (the line usually looks like "_-!__%&_" instead of English text) to clean up manually,
    then I try to find the .srt with the right run time someplace.

If none of that works, then I export as idx/sub without downsizing the resolution, and just burn the subs in. If fact I'm doing more and more burning in since my WD set top box has a tendency to get .srt subs out of sync. BD Rebuilder latest beta has an .avs filter dialog you can use to burn in subs with very fast encoding time if you're not a stickler for maximum video quality(of course if you are a stickler then you can use 2 pass mode.)
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the original subs have weird colors you can change them to black and white in in BDSup2Sub edit/palette.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote