Thread
  1. Hi.

I''m looking to buy DVD+RW (Rewritable) media to use in my DVD Recorder,
    what the best quality media/ink around?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Depends on the recorder. I have 2 burners. One likes + discs, the other likes - discs. BUT, the one that likes - discs does better with + RW discs, but the one that likes + discs doesn't like any RW discs. Go figure. Ya gotta experiment.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, unfortunately, this is very dependent on hardware - both reader and writer.
    Take a look at www.nomorecoasters.com

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I would recommend Verbatim, but you should probably buy in small quantities to be sure that they work OK first. Please be aware that DVD rewritable discs were never intended for long term storage and if you record something you want to keep forever, you need to record it to DVD-R or DVD+R.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Second for Verbatim.
    Sony 4x +RW (Ricoh) have proved dependable for me, as well.
    I use them in LG RH188S DVD recorder and transfer to my PC with NEC-4571 burner.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are we talking about recorders or PC writers/burners?

When I use RW media in my PC, I use whatever is on sale at the Staples, OfficeMax, BestBuy, or OfficeDepot I get to.

I don't use RW media in my Lite-On recorder due to inadvertant erasures. This experience is not unique to me.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    These Sony's at Circuit City in full-size DVD cases are good (made in Japan since the last time I checked). Not exactly the cheapest out there, but at least you get Japan-made media and good cases with them.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-DVD-RW-10-Pack-10DPW47LVD2/sem/rpsm/oid/121276/cat...oductDetail.do
    Quote Quote  
  8. I rarely use +R RW - in fact I have only purchased them on one occasion. I can vouch for the Verbatim DVD+RW 4x (ID = MKM A02). I've had them for at least a year and still going. I do use them sparingly though. I use way more DVD-RW and DVD RAM for video work.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry but i did not have the same experience with office depot 4X dvd-rw which i will never order again .... Because on examination of the re-writable disks i had 38 of 100 ofd them with scratches ! Now i'm sure some of them will write ok but just the idea of buying them new and having that many (with any ) scratches is rediculos ..regardless of the price you pay for them ! So beware ..i bought them online so there will be no return so i just hope many of those damaged will still work ok ...especially re-writeables . . . . BUY THE WAY ... THEY WERE $50 PLUS P&H
    Just sayin...
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Stop posting on old threads,it gets annoying.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JERRYUUC View Post
    Sorry but i did not have the same experience with office depot 4X dvd-rw which i will never order again .... Because on examination of the re-writable disks i had 38 of 100 ofd them with scratches ! Now i'm sure some of them will write ok but just the idea of buying them new and having that many (with any ) scratches is rediculos ..regardless of the price you pay for them ! So beware ..i bought them online so there will be no return so i just hope many of those damaged will still work ok ...especially re-writeables . . . . BUY THE WAY ... THEY WERE $50 PLUS P&H
    Just sayin...
    Nobody here mentioned DVD-RW. I'm with johns0. Digging up old, and now not just old, but also unrelated threads to complain about your purchase is stupid.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 2nd Dec 2013 at 09:44. Reason: punctuation
    Quote Quote  
  12. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    JERRYUUC, Please don't dig up old threads to comment in. I deleted your posts in the other old thread. Start a new topic if you must.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote