VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I just burned a MultiAVCHD output using proper settings for udf 2.50, at 8x speed on a Memorex DVD+R DL media with IMGburn and verified the cd after burning with imgburn, everything checked ok.

I go to check it out, and windows shows as empty! -- tried on xbox, shows up as Mixed media cd and i can see the structure but no files (probably because the files are not compatible for the xbox 360 in the video library).

I check the dvd with IMGburn and it shows up as it's not empty! ... ? Here is the "read info" from the program.

I haven't tried on a standalone dvd player yet, but normally by computer drive should read it and play as a dvd.

Thanks!

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH10LS30 1.00 (ATA)
    Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
    State of Last Session: Complete
    Erasable: No
    Sessions: 1
    Sectors: 3,044,256
    Size: 6,234,636,288 bytes
    Time: 676:32:06 (MM:SS:FF)

File System Information:
    Sectors: 3,044,256
    Size: 6,234,636,288 bytes
    Time: 676:32:06 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
    Session 1... (LBA: 0)
    -> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3044255)
    -> LeadOut (LBA: 3044256)

Track Information:
    Session 1...
    -> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, LTS: 3044256, LRA: 0)

Disc Control Blocks Information:
    HL-DT-ST BH10LS30

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded - L0):
    Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1,718,735

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded - L1):
    Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66
    Book Type: DVD-ROM
    Part Version: 1
    Disc Size: 120mm
    Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
    Number of Layers: 2
    Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
    Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
    Track Density: 0.74 um/track
    First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
    Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
    Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1,718,735

Layer Information:
    Layer 0 Sectors: 1,522,128 (50%)
    Layer 1 Sectors: 1,522,128 (50%)
    Quote Quote  
  2. UDFReader?

If you're using XP, you need it. It would be good if you filled in your computer details.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    UDFReader?

If you're using XP, you need it. It would be good if you filled in your computer details.
    ****** update ******
    found a driver for xp 64bit and it's working now! but now i have other questions... i'll post in proper forum thread

ahhh i didn't have that installed... Though, i installed it, rebooted, and still cannot view the dvd, still shows up empty.

Here are my computer details.

Windows XP 64bit

drive:
    LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer 10X BD-R 16X DVD-RW Lightscribe Sata

MOBO:
    ASUS Rampage III Gene

PROCESSOR:
    Intel Core i7-950

RAM:
    Mushkin Enhanced Redline Frostbyte 6GB 3X2GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL6-8-6-24 Triple Channel Memory

Harddrive:
    Western Digital 1 TB Caviar Green SATA Intellipower 64 MB

Power supply 650W:
    Corsair TX 650W

cpu cooling:
    default w\processor

case fan:
    nexus 80mm silent fanb SP802512H-03PWM
    Last edited by rz514; 11th Feb 2011 at 17:51.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read item #4...
    4. Why is my burned disc still blank? Why doesn't the computer see my new burned DVD?
    ... in this post:
    http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/showthread.php/general-project-questions-2497.html#post12997

Nothing unusual here.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by rz514 View Post
    I haven't tried on a standalone dvd player yet, but normally by computer drive should read it and play as a dvd.
    Do you mean DVD player or Blu-Ray player? If your multiAVCHD output was standard DVD-Video, then you should not have used UDF 2.50. But in any case ImgBurn would have alerted you if the file system was wrong for the content.

Did lordsmurf's suggestion solve the problem? Have you tried the disc in a standalone player or another computer?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Originally Posted by rz514 View Post
    Do you mean DVD player or Blu-Ray player? If your multiAVCHD output was standard DVD-Video, then you should not have used UDF 2.50. But in any case ImgBurn would have alerted you if the file system was wrong for the content.

Did lordsmurf's suggestion solve the problem? Have you tried the disc in a standalone player or another computer?
    I mean DVD player, I used Standard DVD-video output in MulltiAVCHD as you said. I guess i screwed up on my part for the UDF part... but i don't remember if IMGburn prompted me to change it or not. I posted above the "Read" info from IMGburn, but i cant find in there the mention of UDF...

I downloaded UDF reader 2.5 for windows XP x64 bit, and now i can access the dvd, but like i said in my earlier post... doesn't work on a standalone player and shows up not as i thought it would with the settings in MultiAVCHD.

here is another Thread on how it ended up looking after i was able to read it and used PowerDVD to open it.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/331752-MultiAVCHD-what-am-i-doing-wrong
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Read item #4...
    4. Why is my burned disc still blank? Why doesn't the computer see my new burned DVD?
    ... in this post:
    http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/showthread.php/general-project-questions-2497.html#post12997

Nothing unusual here.
    It wasn't that, just the UDF reader missing for XP 64.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's up to the mods as to whether they want two threads on essentially the same problem. What say you post that multiAVCHD log here too?

I had a look at it though. Mind you, I've hardly used that program and am not sure what to look for. But I'm wondering what's the meaning of this:
    Display properties: 853x480 (AR:1.78)

It's not DVD-Video compliant, why is that there? Source file resolution is 1280x720, the re-encode is resized to 720x480.

We need a multiAVCHD expert here. Maybe you'll get lucky and deank, the author, will reply. He shows up here from time to time.

Anyway, if you're new to this I can well understand you might have gotten something wrong, multiAVCHD has a lot of options that one can screw up. No offense, but I think that's the deal here. Did you follow this guide for using multiAVCHD to convert BD files to DVD-Video(?):

http://adubvideo.net/how-to/converting-bluray-sd-dvd-multiavchd

[EDIT] Ah, I see (in your other thread) that you didn't use that guide. I'm thinking the relevant parts in the guide I linked are the settings for DVD-Video output. And the contents of your disc are these folders:

Folder [DVD]
    Folder BDMV (empty folder)
    MultiAVCHD.log

No wonder ImgBurn didn't alert you about file system. What you want to burn is the VIDEO_TS folder (inside the DVD folder) at the root directory of the disc. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder into the ImgBurn compilation window. Nothing else; ImgBurn will choose the correct file system. If you want to risk another DL disc, you could try doing that. Could be the multiAVCHD output is okay.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 11th Feb 2011 at 21:19.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. yeah.... stupid me, i did use the wrong guide. I am sure it will work once i do this properly now. lol.

Thanks for the heads up on XP and udf reader!
    Quote Quote