VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm planning on bying a DVD but it needs to play XSVCD. I burned 2 demo CD's with SVCD / XSVCD ... none of them played at the shops on the DV444, not even the opening menu with the track selection. I know my discs are OK since the SVCD disc worked on a pioneer DV-55 system.

1) Is there something I overlooked ? I made the MPEG's with TMPGenc at 2500kb (I can't set this higher with the demo version, right ?) Is there a setting on the DV444 I overlooked ?

2) Does anyone have some feedback for me if this DV444 is capable of playing SVCD/XSVCD and what settings did you y'a use to get it rocking ...

3)Is the DV444 area-code free and how can it be made if it's not

Thanks in advance !
    Glennie

Quote Quote  
  2. i got the DV-444 yeeterday n it played everything fine . . .

xcept for Driven SVCD & PAL video. It played others SVCDs though and reg vcds fine. along wit mp3s.

any tips on gettin it to play PAL vidz ???
    Quote Quote  

3. Can you people tell me if the Pioneer DV-444 supports subtitles?
    I know some Pioneer models have had some problems with this.
    I would like to know before i might buy one.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I just bougth me one and I'm really happy with it !
    I've encoded DV material to XSVCD's: PAL 720x576, 2520 kbs CBR, HQ. Other settings remained default on TMPGEnc 2.0.
    The are the best I have ever seen, and plays smoothly on the DVD-444. I'm not an expert, but I guess the bitrate is the clue to get them even better and I wonder if the player will accept any higher setting. Well I'll try. I dont mind getting less time on my cd's, Quality is most important. Do any of you have other tips for improvement ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did not have any success with vcd encoded 2450 kbit/s either
    Quote Quote