VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I'm looking for the best software that rips entire DVDs into a 1:1 copy ISO file. I'm asking because I have a number of very important DVDs I want to record to ISO's with the purpose of backups. I don't need to burn them to other discs, just rip them to store them on an external harddrive.
    I have been using DVD Decrypter for several years, but I have heard there are certain discs that it can't handle since the software is no longer being developed and don't support certain encryptions.
    So, I just want your suggestions what is the best, and if possible easy, software you would reccomend? I really love the simplicity and performance of DVD Decrypter so something similiar to that would be great.
    Thanks for reading.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    AnyDVD. Very easy, just insert dvd and right click on anydvd in the notification area and choose rip to image.

If you are looking for something free you could try bdlot dvd iso master. I haven't tested it though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Just use DVD Decrypter until you hit a disc it can't handle. It will give you errors if it doesn't work. No errors means it worked fine.

You don't say where you live, but the kinds of decryption that DVD Decrypter can't handle are not common outside of region 1. Discs do exist in other regions that use this encryption and DVD Decryption will fail with them, but again, they are not common. Region 1 DVDs are the biggest problem and it depends on what DVDs you rip. Sony and Disney are the most well known studios that create DVDs that DVD Decrypter can't handle, but there are other studios as well that do it.
    Quote Quote