VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In the past I have used Logoaway and Vitural Dub to remove logos, and it works.

Hiwever, this time I need to remove a logo a point with-in the video and for a set amount of time.

Logoaway does not seem able to do thiis. All it can do is "remove" the logo for the whole length of the video, or if I just want to save a segment.

Is there a application that will do what I want?

And if so, what is it??
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can apply filters in sections with the curve editor in vdub

Do a search as there were several posts this last week related to this topic and illustrative screenshots
    Quote Quote  
  3. VDub's DeLogo filter allows you to select on which frames you want it applied:
    Now go to "video" again, choose "filters" click on Delogo (it's already applied) and where it says "on frames" we will type in the frames we want processed. In our example the logo began on frame 400 to 10000. Enter it as 400-10000, then a comma, and the next set. Our example would look like this: 400-10000,13500-22356, etc etc.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic280003.html#1376335

Me, I use AviSynth's Trim command to isolate the frames on which I want to apply one of its many logo removing filters.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the delay in answering

I went to the DeLogo forum page and followed it.

It worked.

However, there is somethings I would like to point out about the instructions.

1, It does not mention what to do if there is no black background to your video.

2: That DeLogo is VERY particular of the red you use. For example, when I try using any red from Corel Photo-shop I kept getting a warning it was not the "correct" red. Only when I use red from Windows built in paint program did it accept it.

3: The forum states that you should " TURN OFF "alpha to repair" slider! All the way to zero." Well, I don't know if it was because I had a light background, but, I had to move the slider to almost it highest setting to get the logo to remove.

4: When trying to convert and the "cleaned up" Avi video to MPEG-1 before pasting back into the rest of the original video using Dazzle's MovieStar 5 .An area corresponding to the old logo was very noticable (dark patch or blocky pattern) for the whole video. It was only when I used TMPGEnc did I not get this.

Well, that was my experience with DeLogo. Now that I know what to (and not) do I can use it in future projects.
    Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote