VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've made a conclusion from the few dvds, i have burnt and played on dvd players. Most dvd players can only play at slow speeds like 2x where as the dvd can be burnt at high speeds such as 8x. Whenever i burnt a dvd at 4x and played on a dvd player which i know can only read at 2x, the quality gets all pixelly and spotty. Tell me if i'm wrong.
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hmm, you started the thread hours ago and no one has posted an insulting reply yet?

I think you've drawn the wrong conclusions. Since you've evidently tried the discs on more than one player, I'd tend to discount the player(s) as being the problem.

A couple questions:

1) What media are you using? Maybe a poor match with your burner. Or maybe just crap discs.
    2) Have you done any surface scans or disc quality tests with Nero CDSpeed or DVDinfoPro? I'm not one who thinks that scans are the be-all-and-end-all, but it may serve to clarify what's going on.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    oh ok. i had ritek dvd-r's and they tend to play very good when they just come from the dvd burner but on second play it begins to get squarish and pixelly.

no i have done any surface scans. in fact i didn't even know about that until now.
    How's My English?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wan2no
    Most dvd players can only play at slow speeds like 2x
    Just fyi any video playback of dvd is 1x by its very nature. When you burn a disc you can go faster than 1x unless its a settop dvd recorder and you are burning live to disc, then its a 1x burn.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote