VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI All,

I have an acute problem. I had a VCD rip for a film which was tiny. But I recently found a DVD for the same film and ripped it. It was only after I wanted to compared their quality in rip that I realised that the film in DVD was quite yellowish and unnatural. The rip and decosing does not seem to have the problem, the DVD itself is yellowish.

Is there anything relatively simple I can do to fix this, photos like these can be fixed in seconds but I know videos are a whole different ball game. Please find the sample attached. The first small box is the VCD rip and the large box is the DVD rip.

Thanks a lot.

Ali
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	betaab.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	9062  

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Not really that different from photos to fix the problems. It looks like you mainly have to decrease saturation, then maybe a bit of color correction. You might try AVIDemux. You will have to to re-encode it, which will result in some quality loss. But if you up the bitrate a little, the quality loss may not be too bad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reminds me of college days. "Don't you eat that yellow snow, that is where the Huskies go".
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, just a simple saturation and levels adjustment should take care of it. Just about every video editor has controls for that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Guys,

Extremely sorry, AVI Demux worked. How impolite of me not to thank you guys for the help. Apologies and thanks a million.

Best Regards, Ali
    Quote Quote