VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah me again.

Well My LiteOn LVW 5005 DVD +/- Recorder isnt handling too well so i want to try to clean it, i now know how to clean it but i dont know how to get to the Burner's Laser Lens.

I Opened it up disconnected the cable and power supply but after removing some screws that dang burner just wouldnt come out finally i figured it was the cover to the drive bay that i have to take off but i dont see a way of "SAFELY" taking it off i could take it off forcefully but i would like to be able to put it back on when i am done soooo yeah. And after that i grew concerned about messing something up and became worried since i have never done this before So i decided to post and listen to see if i am going to make any big mistakes.

The cover to the drive bay (Which is the place you lay a dvd on just in case i am using a different word than ur used to or i am not using the correct term) has 2 connections from what i see when i pull a little bit on it i see 2 holders that is holding onto the drive bay, well aside from the lips on the left and right sides on it.

Short version is that i want to know how to safely remove the cover to the drive bay and know if there is any dangers or anything i may have missed or thought of on getting to the Burner's laser lens?

PS. Sorry if this has been posted before, Please forgive a stupid n00b but i am eager to get this thing fixed and i dont want to spend an hour or so sifting through the search results.

Thank You Everyone In Advance. I Appreciate all the help since i have never done this before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The post by [redwudz] on the other thread says it all and the first Paragraph is to the point. But as said what have you got to loose.

I don't think that this would solve the proplem But go for it and Good Luck

First open the disk tray
    Hold it open and un-plug the unit [If not open the drive cannot be moved back]
    With the case off and the drive exposed, remove any cover over the drive
    In the 5005 it most likely would be a metal cover that is held in place by the two front screws that hold the drive in place.
    Remove the two rear screws that hold the drive to the case
    The drive can now be moved back a little [doing this will aid in removing the top drive cover and expose the laser assembly [especially in doing this the first time]
    On the top of the drive are 4 screws that hold the drive cover to the drive’
    Remove them. You can now remove the top cover to expose the laser.
    There will be a little resistance this is caused be the magnet that clamps the disk.
    You can now get to the laser
    Quote Quote