VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I have some trouble. I love the theme song "El Sombrebro Blanco" in "the mask of zorro" film but it hasn't in ost album. so I cut the theme song from movie and demux. But it has some noise, what I don't want. I don't know how to filter.

I guess I have to convert *.adts to some format I can edit by software. Anyone can tell me what should I do now???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    How are you getting this ADTS file to begin with? That is not what is stored on any standard DVD-Video nor Blu-ray disc.

ADTS is, if you had done the simple Google search, a slightly-encapsulated (for timing purposes) form of AAC (aka MP4 audio). Usually AAC is seen encapsulated in a standard MP4 container (whether labelled as MP4, or M4a or AAC), though sometimes you actually see it as a raw AAC elementary stream. Unfortunately, many ADTS files are also labelled as "AAC".

Smarter software that can read AAC might also be able to read the ADTS frame header info (and use/ignore it). I would start by checking LameXP and MeGUI (or possibly any ffmpeg-based gui).

The music from the movie doesn't have "noise" it has the movie's dialog & effects tracks mixed in also, and NO, you cannot EASILY get rid of that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    How are you getting this ADTS file to begin with? That is not what is stored on any standard DVD-Video nor Blu-ray disc.

ADTS is, if you had done the simple Google search, a slightly-encapsulated (for timing purposes) form of AAC (aka MP4 audio). Usually AAC is seen encapsulated in a standard MP4 container (whether labelled as MP4, or M4a or AAC), though sometimes you actually see it as a raw AAC elementary stream. Unfortunately, many ADTS files are also labelled as "AAC".

Smarter software that can read AAC might also be able to read the ADTS frame header info (and use/ignore it). I would start by checking LameXP and MeGUI (or possibly any ffmpeg-based gui).

The music from the movie doesn't have "noise" it has the movie's dialog & effects tracks mixed in also, and NO, you cannot EASILY get rid of that.

Scott
    Of course the theme song has no "noise". As you know, in the film it has some whisper... so I usually call it's noise!

So I can't get rid of the theme song??? I really like the song, I want use to ringtone!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Then I'd just live with the "noise".

or

You could just look up "El Sombrero Blanco" (you misspelled on the OP). It is a Spanish folk tune from ~1800s. You could just find out who has done covers and choose (to rip & convert) the best cover of it for your purposes. It's not like it needs to sync up to some video, so it doesn't necessarily have to be the OST version, does it?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Then I'd just live with the "noise".

or

You could just look up "El Sombrero Blanco" (you misspelled on the OP). It is a Spanish folk tune from ~1800s. You could just find out who has done covers and choose (to rip & convert) the best cover of it for your purposes. It's not like it needs to sync up to some video, so it doesn't necessarily have to be the OST version, does it?

Scott
    I found some songs like that but I really don't like it. Anyway, thanks for your support!

ps: may be it doesn't necessary but many people like it, even more than another theme song of that film
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!