VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So the camcorder forum is titled DV/HDV/AVCHD. Any specific reason 2K and up is left out? Maybe time for a new forum category? Personally, I think that would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    A great idea!

Good luck though, post anything about new technology and all you get is grumps from the regular curmudgeons.

I have the impression that most regulars on this forum are predominately interested in processing SD video or in how to effectively degrade HD sources to lower resolutions or even to SD video. Many people here seem to be using CRTs and haven't gotten any further than 32 Windows XP.

Also, try to post a topic related to video making or editing and you might get bizarre answers.

Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know anyone who shoots 2k, but still, i think at least a dedicated 4k sub forum is a great idea (2k could fall into this very easily) and it would be great to keep the newer tech cameras and formats entirely separate from the other camcorder section, especially that we are dealing with new video shooting formats and editing.

Just have be be certain to tread on those members who simply enter the Threads and banter on about 4k cams without knowing anything about them, and ignore those members who simply refuse to answer questions when asked.

Cheers
    Last edited by glenpinn; 11th Aug 2015 at 04:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by newpball View Post

Good luck though, post anything about new technology and all you get is grumps from the regular curmudgeons.

Also, try to post a topic related to video making or editing and you might get bizarre answers.

Here we go again...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by glenpinn View Post
    I don't know anyone who shoots 2k
    That summarizes it neatly. I have discovered that it is pretty easy to plumb the depths of the knowledge of the users on this website with the exception of only one or two commenters. I have been branded a troll numerous times and accused of being newpball's doppleganger. Hmm, looking up and just noticed that he/she has been banned. Am I next? Any mods care to comment? This is the feedback forum after all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SameSelf View Post
    I have been branded a troll numerous times and accused of being newpball's doppleganger. Hmm, looking up and just noticed that he/she has been banned. Am I next?l.
    Usually it takes years of bad behavior to be banned here. Unless over the course of several months you consistently instigate, troll-bait, thread hijack, abuse the polls, and interfere every time a perfectly normal topic for this forum (like DVD and Blu-Ray conversion and authoring) comes up, I doubt that you'll be banned as quickly as newpball.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Aug 2015 at 17:09.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Without going off topic in this thread, i think it's time for every single member of this forum to totally ignore newpball when he returns very soon (i assume his ban was 30 days) and by ignoring him completely, maybe his appetite for destruction of the forum will diminish, and if he ever responds to anything i type in this forum, i will be dealing with him personally, and i will log out of this form and never return, and i would hate to think that the owner or the senior Admins of this forum will want to see people leaving over one childish idiot.

Now, on with the show, stay on topic, and maybe a message to Baldrick pleading for a new 4k Cam sub section

Cheers
    Quote Quote