VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i've been using for a long time now the mkvextractgui2 and so far never had a problem.... but now i found myself extracting certain subs from a certain anime.... and until episode 6 everything works just fine... but for some reason, subs from episode 7 and on just dont work at all, dont know why.

i checked the mkv file and the subs there work just fine, but once extracted they wont work at all no matter what, i dont understand it... maybe there's another way of getting them?

they are .idx/.sub format just in case

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Wont work how?

Search Comp PM
    Are your versions of mkvtoolnix and MKVExtractGUI-2 up-to-date?

You might also try using MKVCleaver, as well; for some, it works for them when MKVExtractGUI-2 doesn't seem to.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    about it not working, after extracting i get the file, but when i play the video after renaming it to use them (aka: ereasing the track3/4/5/6 part in the name) the video reproduces without any subs, also after trying to join them into the video file, the video still plays without the subs

and yes, i have them up to date, i'll try the mkvcleaver now to see what happens

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just tried mkv cleaver and still no difference... cant get to extract the subs so they will work....

shall i post a link to the files so someone can check if they can find the way to either get from it subs that work OR maybe another way of reencoding them?

6. I had a problem with MKVExtractGUI2 before and I had to use MKVExtractGUI to do the extracting. Only other thing I can think of is update your version of mkvtoolnix.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    already tried the update of mkvtoolnix... will try with the first version of the extract to see what happens... will edit this post later iwth the results

EDIT: tried the mkvextractgui.... after clicking extract it automatically said it was extracted successfully, but no file were created

tried the MKVEWizard that came along with mkvextractgui.... that one wouldnt even recognize the tracks....
    Last edited by Cabasho; 6th Feb 2013 at 23:09.

8. If you can post a small part (a few seconds should be enough) of such a file and upload it here others may be able to help better. May be this is a playback/decoding and not an extraction problem,...

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm not sure how to upload it here, but i downloaded the files from here (http://bakabt.me/159068-kareshi-kanojo-no-jijou-his-and-her-circumstances-r2-dvd-xvid-centaur.html) via torrent

the problem i have starts on episode 7 and onwards of those (1 to 6 works perfectly tho)

10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    BUy your movies/tvseries instead of downloading warez rips.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/72386-Forum-rules-Acceptable-Use-Policy-(AUP)?