VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im having an issue with the current version of MakeMKV. Some of my dvd rips fail to be processed and ive narrowed it down to the audio stream. If i uncheck the audio, then it will go through and make the mkv of the video.

What I was wondering is if anyone had access to older versions of this. The dev's forums werent any help and I havent found any sources for anything other than 1.6.0. If anyone knows where i can find older versions, that would be great. Or if there is an alternative program that will do this, ill try that too.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Varsion 1.44 is avail from the tools section on this site

tony
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This site has a copy of one older version available - https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MakeMKV/old-versions#download

Edit Baldrick: Actually all versions, https://www.videohelp.com/tools/MakeMKV/old-versions#download . Just a bug in the tools list
    Last edited by Baldrick; 8th Oct 2010 at 06:06.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. yeah i did forget to mention that one. i tried it, but the wierd thing is that when i try to run it, it tells me that the demo is too old and that i should download the latest, then the app closes. so i dont know why its doing that, but its useless otherwise.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trooper11 View Post
    yeah i did forget to mention that one. i tried it, but the wierd thing is that when i try to run it, it tells me that the demo is too old and that i should download the latest, then the app closes. so i dont know why its doing that, but its useless otherwise.
    Actually, it is pretty common for beta software. As beta software often contains bugs, users are encouraged to keep up with releases where these bugs are often fixed. Of course one of the joys fo beta software is that for every two bugs squashed in a given release, the chances are high there will be a new added in return

You say that only some of your rips fail to process - what is it that is common with these rips - same audio format ?

How are you ripping the discs ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You would have to go to the makemkv site and download the newest user code than reset your clock to a point where the version would be accepted than insert the code.
    Tony
    Quote Quote  
  7. the common issue seems to be the audio. its only happening with two dvd rips so far. i guess the hard way around this would be to just process the subs and video in one mkv and then us another app to extract the audio and then mux that into the mkv i created out of the video and subs.

ive been trying to use pgcdemux to pull the audio stream, but im having trouble figuring out how to use it at the moment lol.
    Quote Quote