VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I realize this is a stupid question for those who have been using this software for some time but I am a newbie, hence the reason i'm posting here. I also did a search and couldn't find any other inquiries regarding this issue.

I am simply trying to convert an AVI file to a video_ts folder. I have tried many of the conversions. I always have author checked which as I understand it should generate the video_ts files. Everytime I have done this though, i simply get an mpeg file and no additional files/folders. I do a search and nothing. Unfortunately, I do not have a sophisticated DVD player that reads AVI files. This is an old (about ten years) DVD player that will only accept the old format.

So can someone instruct me as to what target setting should I set it to and where I could find these audio_ts files?

Thanks in advance,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What software ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V0.0.9Y OS is Tiger.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There's Mac section for mac related software, hit the report post button to alert a mod to have your post moved. Chances are it won't bee seen here by the crowd that can answer your question. Your title isn't helping either. Hit the edit button on you original post and add the software name.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    will do. . thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moving to the Mac Forum.
    It would help considerably if you fill out your computer details.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an intel machine G5 imac running on OS10.4.11 (Tiger). I have ffmpegx version 0.0.9Y.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your machine is either an Intel *or* a G5 (PPC)...it can't be both.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
    SMC Version: 1.8f2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sadepussycat
    I am simply trying to convert an AVI file to a video_ts folder. I have tried many of the conversions. I always have author checked which as I understand it should generate the video_ts files. Everytime I have done this though, i simply get an mpeg file and no additional files/folders.
    To convert AVI to DVD: (1) open your source file in ffmpegX; (2) select a preset (DVD ffmpeg or DVD mpeg2enc); (3) Encode.
    If you have Author checked, but no VIDEO_TS folder is produced, then most likely the process wasn't finished because of an error.
    Please provide some details on your source file (video codec, framerate, audio codec, etc.), which preset and any deviation from the preset (settings changed after setting the preset), if any.
    To further see what ffmpegX was doing when it errored out, press the blue "i" in the ffmpegX Progress window to access the Process Information log. If you would post that output here, it may help diagnose the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Right, it's an Intel. AUDIO_TS is a folder (almost always empty) that is included in a DVD's root directory in order to ensure compatibility with the oldest DVD players. Depending on your burning software you may need to create and add one along with the VIDEO_TS folder but it may be automatically created (Toast 7+).

There is an ffmpegX forum here as well which might be a better place to search for past helpful posts.

What software would you be burning your DVD with ?
    Quote Quote