VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have some things I need to burn to a DVD, but they are in a folder with a file that is making it crash everytime I enter the folder. Once I acess the My Videos Folder, it says I need to close cause of an error. I need to burn all my videos to a DVD! It crashes any software that accesesses that folder. I think I have determined which folder it is, but cant delete it cause I cant even have access to it for a second! Please help!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you booted into Safe Mode and see if you can access the folder that way?
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I just did that, and I was able to stay in their for a bit longer, but was kicked out... I was able finally to press delete, but then it said it was unable to delete...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try this:
    download a linux live-cd distro, Slax is probably your best bet for this situation because its small and very good:
    www.slax.org
    Burn the iso to a cd and insert it at startup. Then once you boot up to the Slax KDE desktop you can open a program called K3B and burn all the files from the folder to a dvd. I can give more info on this process, just ask!

I know this seems like kind of a round-about way of doing this, but since it bypasses windows you probably won't have any problems because windows never actually starts.

And the live-cd won't hurt your hd at all, just shut down, take the cd out, and reboot and windows starts up like normal!
    Quote Quote