VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi friends,

I ripped a DVD and after joining the Video & Audio, I noticed the Audio Delay...
    Then, I started searching the path to get out from this problem... Suddenly I got a thread of this site.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/299317-help-guys-out-of-sync-mp4

I downloaded the software 'Avidemux' and started trying... It was working fine but in my case only few seconds have been saved but not the full movie.. But WHY??

The process I followed:

Opening the soft 'Avidemux' --> Open the Video --> select COPY from Video Output & Audio Output option --> Tick on Shift and type the delay in ms (my case its -39923 ms) --> Save Video

Please let me know, if I did any mistake or I need to do something else... Pls Pls Pls.. Help me out from this situation..
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    -39923 ms sounds a bit much....39 seconds.

But have you made a mp4 and it gets out of sync? It might be easier to reconvert from the dvd with for example handbrake, vidcoder. Be sure to select the VIDEO_TS folder instead of opening separate vobs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    -39923 ms sounds a bit much....39 seconds.

But have you made a mp4 and it gets out of sync? It might be easier to reconvert from the dvd with for example handbrake, vidcoder. Be sure to select the VIDEO_TS folder instead of opening separate vobs.
    But that would be tough for me as I am not well known with those softwares; even I would not be able to put Filters to change video qualities. So, it would be best if it could be modified with Avidemux...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll offer you the benefit of over 10 years of experience working with this type of thing.

It will be a LOT easier, and a LOT more helpful in the future, to find and learn to use a set of ripping and encoding softwares that do the job correctly in the first place, than to try and learn how to fix a problem that should not have happened.

There should be NO delay with good software. 39 seconds points to a larger problem than just the delay. Likely you will discover More problems. Good odds you will spend LESS time and effort starting over from scratch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by raj11 View Post
    I ripped a DVD and after joining the Video & Audio, I noticed the Audio Delay...
    "Joined" the audio and video? That makes no sense. What exactly do you mean by "ripped"?

You need to start all over....I think you have your terminology confused.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Nelson37 View Post
    There should be NO delay with good software. 39 seconds points to a larger problem than just the delay.
    No, there should be no delay with good authoring. This is Indian garbage (=lousy authoring). It's not at all uncommon for there to be a huge delay at the beginning of Indian DVDs. They have the censor certificate and sometimes some soundless logos before getting to something with audio. I agree, it shouldn't be that way, but he'll be lucky if that's the only problem with the DVD. It won't be, but the OP may not know it. In any event, he should have accounted for the delay one way or another before doing the reencoding.

Me, I demux, get rid of the delay entirely using DelayCut, and then remux (usually after reencoding). Another way is to cut out all the garbage at the beginning without the audio (especially the censor certificate), before then going ahead with the encoding. That can mess up the chapters and subs, though.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to all for your valuable comments. Atlast I made it possible with Avidemux software.. This time it worked just after changing one option.. Now that 39 seconds delay is rectified..
    Quote Quote