VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a bunch of videos that are defaulted on the wrong audio track, is there a way I can convert these mkvs to a ps3 supported format so I can change it on the ps3 OR is there a way I can change all the videos Default Audio track all at once (I can do it individually but theres just too many and it gets too tedious)

I'd like to know this as I playback my videos through my HDD connected to my ps3 and I know you can play mkv (and keep Audio Tracks) through a mediaserver but I'd prefer not to use one (I'm not always with my laptop/PC + All my Video files are on my HDD anyway).

I normally use MKV2VOB to convert my mkvs and I know theres an audio option, but my problem is that my files have 3 audios. TWO of which are english (only background music changes), hence choosing 'english' through the audio option does not specifically choose the right english(2nd one) I want, instead chooses to convert the video with the defaulted english.

I dont mind having just ONE audio track (I'd actually prefer that) but I want the right one. I found a program that changes the default audio track of a single file, but I have 300 video files to change, they all have the same audio options so I hope theres a program that changes them all at once, though I doubt it as each file is individual despite the same audio options.

Any Help will be appreciated, Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried rebox.net or mkv2mp4 and make a mp4? Or do you want special vobs that mkv2vob creates?

But I guess you can use mkvpropedit to adjust default audio track and then make a batch file with a loop. See http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3282837#post3282837
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried rebox.net or mkv2mp4 and make a mp4? Or do you want special vobs that mkv2vob creates?

But I guess you can use mkvpropedit to adjust default audio track and then make a batch file with a loop. See http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3282837#post3282837
    Yes I've used mkvmergegui, but it got tedious doing each file each.

But as for now I'm using mkvtomp4 I just found in that previous thread, It's really good, although I still have to set each audio preference indivually, it still worked out much faster as it can do it all at once as soon as I set my preference, and conversion time is awesome aswell.

My only worry is if the ps3 supports the audio codec, I know ps3 supports AAC/AC3 rips, but not DTS.
    Quote Quote