VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The hack I've been studying for making this All Region DVD is muddled. Can anyone post a logical sequence, using a One for All remote, for changing the DVD Region Code to 0 on this Blu Ray player ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Where do you live? If you live in the USA or Canada then you wasted your money on the remote and I guarantee you that you'll never get it working.

Almost nothing made by Sony or Samsung can be unlocked. If you live in Australia or New Zealand you have some chance and in Europe an even smaller one. Everywhere else you will be SOL.

Note that some region 1 DVDs cannot be played if the region on the player is set to 0. For such discs (I know of no lists, but this is more common than you might think/realize) you have to set the region to 1 to play them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I live in the UK. I've successfully unlocked a Sony DVD Player using the One for All remote, but not the model I'm talking about here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is it possible to get the BDP S790 to display a Factory Page that includes information about the Blu Ray and DVD Regions ?

You can do this on a Denon 3313 by keying in a code on the remote control.
    Quote Quote