VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey All

I'm pretty new to all this editing and video stuff in general and i'm having some issues with Premiere CS3 (updated to latest version) and they are all related to audio issues...

2 main issues :

-1 : i'm making a little "movie-quiz" with several clips from movies i have on my pc , the movies are mostly divx/xvid with a MP3 or AC3 audio track in it. When i play it on my pc via a mediaplayer it works without problems. But when i import the file in premiere i don't have an audio track. After some messing around with some filthy codec packs i managed to get the audio track working in Premiere aswell ; but then i noticed the audio/video is slightly out of sync when i editing it... (less then a second).
    So my question is, what is the best way to get movies like that to work in premiere, with what codecs ? And is there anything i can do about that out of sync audio (which drives me crazy ! )

Normally i use FFDshow + AC3filter (but then Premiere didn't recognize the audio track)

- 2 : i have a Canon HV20 , so i capture my video in HDV , picture wise this works great , but i'm having trouble with the audio, especially when it are long scenes , the audio is completely out of sync and sometimes let's say it's a 40 minute scene it will have a sound track which starts correct but after several minutes the soundtrack seems to "restart from the beginning" while the video track doesn't... And when i play the original mpeg file in a mediaplayer the sound is perfect... I've read somewhere it has got something to do with the conforming Premiere does ?
    Anyone got a suggestion about this ? Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Premiere is not made for editing divx/xvid. Loading codec packs just makes everything worse. You may want to try AviDemux to cut your clips, but the codec packs may have your system too messed up.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah i know and normally i don't use those, and i made a Acronis backup before i installed those so i could go back

I'll revert to that backup (no codec packs, only FFdshow)

I'll look into AviDemux
    Quote Quote