VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm slow getting going on this project. I've had this software for quite sometime. I have a large collection of mini DV tapes from my older Sonly Handycam. I would like to transfer them all to my PC. I purchased the Corel software with Corel Videostudio 12 being the software to download from my camcorder. It goes really well and I have no problems with it creating .mpg and .upd files for each scene (when I turned the camcorder on and then off). As it was downloading, I could see the date that the video was taken on the screen when in capture mode. These tapes are like an hour long, so I'm not sitting here the whole time. Now once the files are done, I can't figure out how to tell the date that the video was originally taken. I would be so appreciative if someone could tell me how to access the date. Does it save it? Do I have to do anything to save it? I've only done one tape so far and would like to figure this out before doing more.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't save metadata when you recode to MPeg2. That is part of the reason I archive the original DV files.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, it does not save to meta data. There are two files with each event: a mpg and a upd. Both files show a create date and mod date with todays date. It also incorporates todays date in its filename. Nowhere is the event date.
    Quote Quote