VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't seem to get the converting right. I only get the audio, without any video. Have been using aiseesoft MXF converter for Mac. I have tried to convert it to different formats but the problem remains the same.
    I was hoping someone here could give some advise that would make my day easier.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What produced the MFX files? MFX is just a container that can have many formats. That may determine the conversion method and software.

Try opening the converted file in MediaInfo to see what's in it. There is a Mac version. You can also check the MFX file for formats.

What formats are you trying to convert the file to?

Others here may have better information.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe you need a decoder that supports YUV 4:2:2.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have exactly the same problems with the mfx converter. if i want to convert mfx files with aissesoft mfx converter it converts only audio files but no video.
    Thanx for the hint with mediainfo, here i could see, that the mfx file is ok there is a video and audio stream,

but in the converted file there is only the audio stream.

What can i do more?

what means maybe i need a yuv 4:2:2 decoder?
    Quote Quote  
  5. If your source video is YUV 4:2:2 you need a decoder that support YUV 4.2:2. Many do not support it. Try using an ffmpeg based tool.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe ffmpegX? Probably best to move this thread to the Mac forum, since it looks to be a Mac specific question and you may get more answers there. Moving you.
    Quote Quote