VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am looking for a solution to speed up 23.976>25.000 and 29.970>30.000 for smooth playback.

I had success years back on my PS3 using windows software, i'm now on Mac and really hope there's as close to a '1 click' solution out there.

I have currently downloaded MKVToolnix compiled for Mac and have found guides on speeding up the video (adjusting the 'Stretch By' Field to '23.976/25.000'), but I don't believe anything is being changed for the audio.

Also if possible I do not want to involve a transcode of the existing audio, is there a way to non-destructively pitch up the existing audio track without re-encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't you just apply the same stretch to the audio in MkvToolnix? Be aware that not all players obey the container level stretch setting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Megui will let you encode 23.976>25.000 audio with pitch correction under "encoder settings".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried applying the stretch to audio using MKVToolnix but my player doesn't appear to correctly accept it.

Megui looks as if it's Windows only..

I'm not scared to use the terminal if needbe, so if mkvmerge,eac3to etc can be used on a Mac then I may stand a chance.

Is there a script out there that could automate this process?

-Point script to watch a directory for new files added
    -Analyse original files, if 23.xxx fps/29.xxx fps then continue
    -Demux
    -Speed up video fps to either 25 or 30fps
    -Speed up audio (pitch up, not time stretch), if 5.1 to not downmix to stereo if possible.
    -Remux to new file

I have seen a script here https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=3248 but believe it is for SABnzbd and isn't an apple script?
    Quote Quote