VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'd like to copy a music dvd disc to a cd disc. Any help like what software do I need, etc. would be very helpful.

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to make a VideoCD, or and AudioCD from it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. A audio cd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First you'll need to have the dvd on your HDD. Use a program like DVDshrink, or DVDDecrypter to copy the DVD to your HDD. They will be need to be in their files *.ifo, .vob etc. You can then import the vob files into dvd2avi and then strip the audio from the video. You can then use a program like Nero to create and AudioCD from the audio file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Audio Extractor and then burn an audiocd with nero or something.

Or are you talking about a DVD-Audio disc? Then it's gets more complex.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for your reply. Actually I have both just audio ( just music albums) and video/audio ( live concerts) dvds. I want to copy both on a cd so I can play them on my car cd player. When you say to copy the dvd to hdd using dvdshrink should I use (which I use all the time) anydvd first and then dvdshrink to compress it and instead of nero will imgburn ( I use all the time) work also?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Do what baldrick said.

There is no need to shrink it if you just want the audio as transcoding programs like DVDShrink never touch audio, just video.

DVD Audio Extractor will rip from the dvd itself or the VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive and convert the audio to WAV or even a CD image and cue sheet for the individual tracks as most concert dvd's are chaptered between songs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	3848

And yes ImgBurn will load the cue sheet and burn the image to a cdr, as long as it is not to long of a concert to fit one cdr, otherwise you will have to do the first half then the second half to split across the two cdr's.

That would be the easiest way otherwise you could use a few free programs to get one big wav file then use CD Wave to set track markers and create a cue sheet for burning.
    http://www.milosoftware.com/en/index.php?body=download.php
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 15th Oct 2010 at 17:27.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here's a guide with the way I prefer to do it.
    http://www.glump.net/howto/audio_only_dvd_ripping_guide

I bought CD Wave Editor and I get a good amount of use out of it for other edits, so I prefer this method. It's not necessarily better than using DVD Audio Extractor, just different.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I used to use DGIndex to get a WAV file from the VIDEO_TS folder on your HDD in one shot then use CD Wave to set track points, then you don't need some extra steps, such as HeadAC3he, which always seemed to be appropriately named

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	3849

But it all gets you to the same place, just depends on if you want to spend a little $$ or a little more time to get there
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!