VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, folks!

I'm on the titanic duty of digitising a bunch of ol' VHS and I want to do it at the best way possible. When it comes to software I'm ready: Adobe Premiere and Ableton Live 9 Suite are set to video and audio - in that order. But the troubles come with the hardware. In the first place comes a Sanyo VHR 667z VCR in perfect condition with 6 heads recently cleaned. That's ok, but I need hardware to capture TV image in a raw avi file with no compression whatsoerver. I use Enutv 2 to capture the image from the television but HERE is the big problem: the list of formats that this software offers are VCD, Dvd, Mpeg-2 and Mpeg-1; there is no "raw avi" option anywhere. I searched for days to get a card or something to capture in AVI lossless but I can't find anything.

Can someone recommend truly reliable software to this task?

Thanks!!!!!
    Last edited by Baldrick; 26th Mar 2015 at 17:04. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I updated the thread title.

Can you give some details about this enutv 2 card?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I updated the thread title.

Can you give some details about this enutv 2 card?

Yes, here is a link to the official webpage with every specificacion on the product: http://www.encore-usa.com/ma/product/ENUTV-3
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can't capture lossless with the included software. Maybe you can using Virtual Dub or some other external capturing program.
    I need hardware to capture TV image in a raw avi file with no compression whatsoever...
    You want to capture lossless, not uncompressed. If you intend to try VDub, maybe install HuffYUV, probably the 2.1.1 version.
    I searched for days to get a card or something to capture in AVI lossless but I can't find anything.
    There are many ways, for example the Diamond VC500 and VDub:

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Camcorders-supporting-composite-connection/dp/B000VM60I8
    Quote Quote