VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    A pal in England, who authored a DVD, sent me the IFOs, VOBs and BUPs of his complete DVD. He lives in the world of PAL and I live in NTSC land. I thought I could just use NeroVision (part of the Nero Suite) to put it all back together again into a proper DVD that I could burn. He sent me:

anchor
    festival05.wmv
    video_ts.bup
    video_ts.ifo
    video_ts.vob
    volume
    vts_01_0.bup
    vts_01_0.ifo
    vts_01_0.vob

and nothing else. His original works include complicated, interactive menus. Did he send everything I need to put Humpty Dumpty back together again? Is there any application which can just read all this and automatically reassemble the whole dvd, including original menues?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'm not sure why "anchor", "festival05.wmv" & "volume" are there.. those files arent a part of a dvd-video (atleast not what you'd normally use in a dvd player)..

and i'll make the assumption its a really really short dvd.. and with that you're missing the actual video vob files (VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, etc)..

so in closing, no, he didnt send you what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know what authoring software was used to create the files? You might consider dropping all the files into a VIDEO_TS folder and burning to dvd+/-rw and see if it works. If not leave out the superfluous files Lumis mentioned above, and try again. BTW do you have a dvd player that will play PAL video? You may have to convert the PAL to NTSC to play on standalone, an advanced conversion that is not for the faint of heart.
    Quote Quote