VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Samsung Stratosphere phone and shut it off, took out the micro SD card and put it in a reader and inserted it into my computer. At first my computer read it and I was transferring the files off of it, then it started saying file not found. Since that happened, I can no longer find my pics/videos. I put it back in my phone and it keeps saying insert SD card. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get those files back. I have Windows XP on my computer, not sure what other info I need to share.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If the card if faulty there's no way to get back the files unless its is intermittent,best thing to do is just get a new card and always make redundant backups of any important files.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this (the free version) it worked for me.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That won't work if the card can't be read by any of the systems the op tried.Its only good for drives that have deleted files.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello BLSAMPLES,

I would suggest you to try to make an image of the card using your PC (assuming card is being "mounted" when you insert it). You can check all the process at following blog entry "Recover Deleted Videos on an SD Card". Afterwards if your footage needs to be repaired you can use any video repair tool like MP4repair.org. Best of luck!

--Fire
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You should also try another (good) sd card in the phone.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all your replies. Unfortunately I've had no success with the information. Thanks for trying!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Couple of things to try.

Use another micro SD card reader. They're cheap, $5-$10 locally, $1-$3 on Ebay. If you're using a full size adapter, try the card direcly. I've had problems with the adapters and if possible read the cards directly with a micro SD reader. SD cards rarely go bad and I have cards that will flake out depending on the adapter or reader.

Try mounting in the card in a Live Linux distro. Linux is more tolerant with questionable cards / drives. If you want an interface you're familiar with, try Zorin OS. It looks and feels a lot like Windows.

Once you get the card recoginized, copy the entire contents to another drive immediately. Come back for recovery options if necessary.
    Quote Quote