VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

I am new here. Need some help. I am looking for a converting programe that i can use to convert my movies that are on my harddrive. Most in Pal format and would like to convert them to AVI or Divx for my dvd player. What do you recommend?
    I have a programe to back up my DVDs to my hard drive that can convert to AVI and Divx. But sitting with older movies on my harddrive that i want to convert and burn

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Convert and burn? - burn to what?
    Does your DVD player play divx files?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You could use AutoGK. If you find it not user friendly enough, look for an old release of Handbrake. Handbrake used to output Divx/Xvid but they took that functionality away a few releases ago. You can do the research to find out what version you need and where to get it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Handbrake used to output Divx/Xvid but they took that functionality away a few releases ago.
    Vers 0.9.3 - and you can get it here at VH
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for the coms, i use WinX DVD ripper Platnim for my dvd to hardrive converting and Nero to burn.
    But i want to be able to convert old movies i have on my hard drive to Divx or AVi, Yes my dvd player can play xvid, avi and Divx.
    Also so of the old movies are in Audio and Video TS folders and would like to make them into ISO, so if i can find a programe that could do that aswel as converting to divx/avi/xvid, it would be awesome
    Quote Quote  
  6. Also so of the old movies are in Audio and Video TS folders and would like to make them into ISO, so if i can find a programe that could do that aswel as converting to divx/avi/xvid, it would be awesome
    HandBrake Vers 0.9.3 - and you can get it here at VH
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aggyant View Post
    Also so of the old movies are in Audio and Video TS folders
    To make an ISO, for me the easiest way would be to load up the VIDEO_TS folder into DVDShrink and output it as an ISO image. It doesn't "shrink" anything it it doesn't need to. Also ImgBurn can do it too. Dump Nero and use ImgBurn for burning.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, i also have imgburn on my pc. have a few different burn programes and converting programes,dvdshrink is one of them. Thanks i will try the dvdshrink to get them into ISO. And i wll try Handbrake. thanks guys and girls, much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded handbrake Ver 0.9.3 But it does not give me the option to convert to AVI/Divx or xvid. Maybe an older version allows? do you know which one?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Downloaded handbrake Ver 0.9.3 But it does not give me the option to convert to AVI/Divx or xvid

?? OS: Windows Vista

Click image for larger version

Name:	Handbrake.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	13039
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am running windows XP, the format drop down it gives me, is only MP4 and MKV. does not show the rest as shown above.
    Quote Quote