VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello folks. I am facing a strange situation during convertion from digital8 PAL tape to NTSC DVD recorder. My camcorder digital8 bulit on NTSC format, can play PAL digital8 camcorder videotapes. From the screen of camcorder everythong looks fine, great color pichture. Whwn I transfer the signal form camcorder to DVD recorder, the file recorded on DVD is black and white. How this is possible? Any solution? Thank you!
    Last edited by 1234567; 26th Jul 2011 at 21:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
    Hello folks. I am facing a strange situation during converting from digital8 PAL tape to NTSC DVD recorder. My camcorder digital8 bulit on NTSC format, can play PAL digital8 camcorder videotapes. From the sscree of camcorder everythong looks fine, great color pichture. Whwn I transfer the signal form camcorder to DVD recorder, the file recorded on DVD is black and white. How this is possible? Any solution? Thank you!
    As intended by Sony but I'm surprised you see any black and white from DV trasnsfer. You must be capping analog.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Hello folks. I am facing a strange situation during converting from digital8 PAL tape to NTSC DVD recorder. My camcorder digital8 bulit on NTSC format, can play PAL digital8 camcorder videotapes. From the sscree of camcorder everythong looks fine, great color pichture. Whwn I transfer the signal form camcorder to DVD recorder, the file recorded on DVD is black and white. How this is possible? Any solution? Thank you!
    As intended by Sony but I'm surprised you see any black and white from DV trasnsfer. You must be capping analog.
    Yes is analog connection between camcorder and DVD recorder. If I use DV cable is gonna bring the colors?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Yes is analog connection between camcorder and DVD recorder. If I use DV cable is gonna bring the colors?
    Only a few upper level MiniDV NTSC camcorders played PAL (in color) to the viewfinder but this is the first I've heard a Digital8 did this. What was the model number?

There was no DV conversion to iLink/Firewire. They didn't want PAL to transfer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Only a few upper level MiniDV NTSC camcorders played PAL (in color) to the viewfinder but this is the first I've heard a Digital8 did this. What was the model number?
    Sony TRV 120
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You're going to need a PAL model to cap a PAL tape. Or use a dub house.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    I am trying to capture from DV output to PC using 1394 port with DVD santa but I have got message than DV connection is not responing...Help please!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to capture from DV output to PC using 1394 port with DVD santa but I have got message than DV connection is not responing...Help please!
    Most all US models don't play PAL at all. Strange yours plays even analog monochrome.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    Most all US models don't play PAL at all. Strange yours plays even analog monochrome.
    DVD Santa is not responding to capure the signal from DV output of camcroder. When I press paly and capture button, the procces will stop right way. Any other software to create DVD from Dv ootput
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Santa is not responding to capure the signal from DV output of camcroder. When I press paly and capture button, the procces will stop right way. Any other software to create DVD from Dv ootput
    What happens when you put in an NTSC tape?

Any other software to create DVD from Dv ootput
    NTSC tapes should be working fine.

Buy a PAL Digital8 camcorder on eBay to capture PAl tapes. Result will be a PAL DV-AVI. This won't work with an NTSC DVD Recorder.
    Quote Quote  
  11. With NTSc tapes everything is ok
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With NTSc tapes everything is ok
    As expected.
    Quote Quote