VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Under your bed, come night I will eat you alive!
    Search Comp PM
    is there a cheaper solution than atmos ninja?

Ps. sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm not sure where this belongs.
    Last edited by cameraquest; 14th Nov 2013 at 21:00.
    Quote Quote  
  2. AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable? US$160 at Amazon.com.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable? US$160 at Amazon.com.
    ...there is no focus peaking. I want an external screen that has focus peaking. If you don't know what focus peaking is, please let others who do reply instead. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you want to use an 800x480 resolution monitor to adjust focus?

A better and cheaper option would be something like this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&hl=en

There is also a free program that runs in linux. I tested it using an old NetBook running Linux Mint tethered to my trusty t2i via usb cable.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. Since the software is highlighting the sharp edges you don't need a hi-res display.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I also have magic lantern installed on my t2i. One of the many options it has is focus peaking. It will overlay a focus box that magnifies (2x, 4x, 8x) to help focusing. The box frame will turn green when the target is in peak focus as a visual aid. Most of the time that is sufficient for pulling focus.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Why would you want to use an 800x480 resolution monitor to adjust focus?

A better and cheaper option would be something like this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.dslrcontroller&hl=en

There is also a free program that runs in linux. I tested it using an old NetBook running Linux Mint tethered to my trusty t2i via usb cable.

" DSLR Controller is NOT compatible with all devices" it seems to be made for Canon. I don't have a Canon or a Nikon, it probably wouldn't work on my camera.

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Since the software is highlighting the sharp edges you don't need a hi-res display.

exactly.

Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Yes, I also have magic lantern installed on my t2i. One of the many options it has is focus peaking. It will overlay a focus box that magnifies (2x, 4x, 8x) to help focusing. The box frame will turn green when the target is in peak focus as a visual aid. Most of the time that is sufficient for pulling focus.

when I have a canon, I will be happy to use magiclantern. right now I don't.
    Quote Quote