VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi... Not really sure about this.

My laptop size is 15"1 and I'm rather confused on what is the maximum size of video I can render to, using this particular laptop.

I need to work with a 1920 x 1080 video, add subtitles to it and later render it to the same size. Can you do all that regardless of the size of your computer?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Your laptop's screensize has no bearing on it's resolution. A 15" screen could be VGA (640x480) all the way up to UXGA/UGA (1600x1200). Could be even bigger than that, but I doubt it ever occuring on a 15" screen.

And a laptop's display resolution has no bearing on what you can or cannot render in an NLE/CGI/Compositing application.

So the answer is: YES, you can do all that regardless of the size of your computer.

That's kind of like asking: "My Tower is 4x the physical size of my laptop. Does that mean my laptop can only hold 1/4 of the data?"

Now, if your graphics card is much more lowly than the size of the images you're working on, it is probably an indicator that your system will run MUCH MORE SLOWLY when encoding/decoding/displaying the larger stuff. But it doesn't mean it can't do it at all. Just that it's time to get a faster computer.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know it would be a really newbie question. But that`s what I am. Thanks SO MUCH, Cornucopia!
    Quote Quote