VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help!

I'm a fireman that is trying to put together a Power Point presentation for training. I have several videos most of which are MOV's with a couple of other formats. I need to combine these different formats into one continous video.

Then I need to edit some of the footage and introduce a voice-over narrative.

And finally convert everything to a Power Point.

I know this is asking a lot, but is this possible? What free progarms are available.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try freemake video converter, add all your videos, select join files at top right and convert to a single wmv or avi.

(When you install freemake be sure to unselect bing and facemoods adware addons)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What about editing before joining all the videos? There are some vids that need editing. Say I need half a minute of garbage in the middle of a video removed, what program does that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Freemake can do that also, you click on the scissor on each clip, set start and stop, press delete.

If it fails you can try avidemux, open clip, set start and stop, press delete, save as new mp4/avi etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When you say "convert to Powerpoint", you don't really make clear what kind of presentation you're trying to give.

For example, I could:

1. Create a 1-slide powerpoint and EMBED a video within it.
    2. Take the "Main/Key" frames from the video, export them to stills, and insert them each into their own PPT slide.
    or
    3. (combination of 1 and 2) Create a number of slides and EMBED video sections into each.

There are lots of things you can do with PPT and with Video, but many times they are completely different beasts.

Please explain further what kind of layout you are intending...

Scott

BTW, no program will decently give you automatic AND feature-rich conversion to PPT.
    Quote Quote