VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My mother in law forget to finalized her video while copying them. Having problems using IsoBuster and using Womble?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Copy again?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 18 DVD that did not get finalized. Starting is not something we want to do. I have seen posts out here on extracting videos off of DVD that were not finalized? Needing help and do not tell me to start over.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Did you mean vcr to dvd?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yeah, I wondered about that myself. VCD would be easy: don't even need to do "DVD recording", just extract the MPEGs from the VCD and (after SRC'ing the audio to 48kHz) add to a brand new authored DVD, as is. Would take less time and be better quality.

If you are using VHS (aka "VCR"), then what is stopping you from finalizing now, after the fact? Don't you have the original DVD recorder/burner?

Clarify your process & equipment, please.

IF:
    1. You aren't using VCDs as sources
    2. You don't have the original burner/recorder to finalize the discs
    3. You are having "trouble" with ISOBuster (what trouble? not seeing anything? error message?)

You might STILL have to copy again, regardless of your avoidance of that fact. ISOBuster is a miracle worker about getting data off of discs, including unfinalized ones, but still there are times it can't. Assuming those aren't due to bad burns/media/scratches to begin with, and your reader(s) are up to par, if it can't find data, maybe it's because it's not there after all.

I could give you detailed step-by-step on ISOBuster (though you could just as easily read/follow the tutes on the app's website), but I'd need more info than I've gotten so far.

Sometimes it is best to give the "tough love" answer and say NO.

Scott

BTW, in the time it took you to respond to my original question, you COULD have redone the whole batch from scratch.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Flattop1423 View Post
    I have seen posts out here on extracting videos off of DVD that were not finalized?
    That's NOT a question. The fact that you are puzzled about something does not make it a question. Based on conversations I've had with people I know in their 20s and younger, it seems that American schools don't even try any more to teach grammar. Your "question" in your first post isn't a question either for the same reason.

Anyway, it's hardly a surprise that someone who doesn't know what is and isn't a question isn't interested in providing enough details to get help. So either post back with a lot more information on exactly what was done and why your mother-in-law is unable to just take these discs and finalize them now or don't get help.
    Quote Quote